Skip to main content

Topic: Likely air leak locations  (Read 1560 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Likely air leak locations
Reply #50
Don't forget the Super Lube!

I would have too! Thanks for reminding me, it is on the list along with the thread sealant!

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #51
Whenever I work on any of the air system valves or components, I always use the Super Lube.  I coat every O-ring and every metal part lightly with lube before reassembling and installing it.  Don't get carried away - just a thin coating.  Helps...

Reply #52
Went and got o-rings today.  Could not find metric ones anywhere but found some at Lowe's that were a near exact match.  The box had half of them missing and since it was the only one they had they let me have them for half the price, for a grand...

Reply #53
Got the throttle out and rebuilt last night.  Removal, rebuild and reinstall was pretty easy.  Getting the foot pedal back in place was kind of a bugger but I used a piece of braided fishing line tied to the top of the spring to hold up on it and...

Reply #54
i found a leak in my parking brake switch and one that i chased forever was an air chamber diaphragm

I'm not sure what the air chamber diaphragm is but would like to check it.  Can anyone enlighten me?

Reply #55
Getting the foot pedal back in place was kind of a bugger...
Took me a LOT longer than you to get that pedal reinstalled......

Ah, to be young and flexible again.  My old body don't fold...

Reply #56
I'm not sure what the air chamber diaphragm is but would like to check it.  Can anyone enlighten me?
Only "air chamber diaphragm" I can think of is a part of the brake assemblies.  Air...

Reply #57
Took me a LOT longer than you to get that pedal reinstalled......

I may have just gotten lucky!  We'll go with that because it doesn't happen very often. haha

Reply #58
Only "air chamber diaphragm" I can think of is a part of the rear brake assemblies.  Air pressure is used to release the spring brakes (parking brake) on the rear axle.  Don't mess with...

Reply #59
The brake chambers won't leak until the brake pedal is pushed.

Reply #60

Correct.  The parking brake/emergency brake is SPRING applied, AIR PRESSURE released.

So, when parked, should not be source of...

Reply #61
Speaking of air leaks, I have a "waiting to happen" braided stainless steel air line from compressor to air dryer.  Is there a reason for it to be so long?  It comes out of compressor "I think it is compressor" goes forward to transmission then...

Reply #62
Speaking of air leaks, I have a "waiting to happen" braided stainless steel air line from compressor to air dryer.  Is there a reason for it to be so long?  It comes out of compressor "I...

Reply #63
Maybe I'll get under there tomorrow and have Hannah hit the brakes.

Reply #64
1. Is there a reason for it to be so long? 
2. Would a shorter line do the job? 
3. It has 2 spots That the stainless braid is missing-- looks like it was kinked!

Chris,
1.The short answer,...

Reply #65
There is real satisfaction in finding a problem then creating a solution. When I had a significant air leak, I squirted my bubble mix all over and when I got to the front (engine running) I could clearly hear it. Reaching up to the bottom of the...

Reply #66
Got back under the coach today and found a couple more air leaks.  One of the solenoids MoT replaced on the rear six pack is leaking around the base of it.  It may just be the o-ring but the surface of the manifold is so rough I'm not sure how...