Skip to main content

Topic: Storing Vacuum Cleaner Hose (Read 340 times) previous topic - next topic

Storing Vacuum Cleaner Hose
I have my central vacuum cleaner hose stored a big box but it takes up a lot of room in the closest.

Anyone have some space saver location or ways to store the hose?

Re: Storing Vacuum Cleaner Hose
Reply #1
Our dinette has a lift up seat and we store the hose under the seat.  Have a great day  ----  Fritz

Reply #2
Do you have the storage space directly under your OEM fridge?  That is where all our vacuum attachments and hose were originally stored.

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Maybe now I will find a better place to store mine.. I've been keeping it inside the washing machine.

Reply #4
Dyson..time... :D

Reply #5
Our dinette has a lift up seat and we store the hose under the seat.  Have a great day  ----  Fritz
Darn, I dont have a dinette

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #6
Do you have the storage space directly under your OEM fridge?  That is where all our vacuum attachments and hose were originally stored.
My furnace is under my fridge, there is a grate over...

Reply #7
Dyson..time... :D
I have thought about that too but not sure how many folks are going with that option?

Reply #8
I installed two white plastic downspouts under the side of the bed, which worked out perfectly. They were completely hidden by the curtain and did not stick out further than the side of the bed platform. I pushed one end of the hose into the top...

Reply #9
I installed two white plastic downspouts under the side of the bed, which worked out perfectly. They were completely hidden by the curtain and did not stick out further than the side of the bed...

• Twig
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Maybe now I will find a better place to store mine.. I've been keeping it inside the washing machine.

Dude. You may have the best place. I never thought of that.

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Dyson..time

That's what we do. For us it's just a lot easier than using the built in.
jor

Reply #12
jor
That is what I was thinking, it could just stand up in the back of the closet.

Reply #13
jor
When Michele posted about the Dyson I bought one immediately and have been happy ever since.

Reply #14
We installed tile in the kitchen and bathroom. Carpet in the LR and BR. DW hated the space taken up by the central vac equipment located in cabinet under reefer. She uses a Shark stick plug-in in the closet. We relocated the central vac...

Reply #15
When we installed our residential fridge, the OEM built-in central vac (below old fridge) was removed.  At the house, we had a vintage Royal Can Vac (looks like a Dirt Devil) small canister vacuum that was inherited from my parents.  Since it...

Reply #16
We installed tile in the kitchen and bathroom. Carpet in the LR and BR. DW hated the space taken up by the central vac equipment located in cabinet under reefer. She uses a Shark stick...

Reply #17
Our hose is in the garage rafters where it will remain until we sell the RV.  We found that the Shark Rocket vacuum is much more practical and stores easily under the couch.

Reply #18
Steve,

If you have the original central vacuum hose, important to know that for many years, there has been an improved version of the hose. It is stronger, lighter, stretchyer, stows in a much smaller space. We store our hose in a plastic basket...

Reply #19
Our hose is in the garage rafters where it will remain until we sell the RV.  We found that the Shark Rocket vacuum is much more practical and stores easily under the couch.
I have tools and...

Reply #20
Thanks Barry, I think that hose will fit beside the totes under the couch so that may work.

CW has it for $247 and I think I get a discount on top of that.  I just might go this route??

Reply #21
Amazon also has it: Amazon.com: HP Products 9880 Dirt Devil Central Vacuum System: Gateway

CW $247 less 10% is good price of $222. Sounds good.

Same unit as we have. We mounted vacuum in a little different bay ceiling location and used the old...

Reply #22
In our previous '03 U295 36', George installed an InterVac central vac that was outstanding:  http://www.intervacdesign.com/c22/FOR-THE-RV.htm 

Here's George's post on the install (he put the unit in the main storage bay):  What did you do to...

Reply #23
Thanks Pat, I will give that one a look too   ^.^d

• bigdog
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
That is what I was thinking, it could just stand up in the back of the closet.
For us the Dyson is even easier than standing it in the closet. We have the charging cord plugged in by the vanity...

• Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 12:14:17 pm by bigdog