Skip to main content
Topic: Cracking at slide corner "FIX"  (Read 457 times) previous topic - next topic

Cracking at slide corner "FIX"

ok so here is the patch I did on mine... as you can see their is a small square tube that runs horizontal to the coach... For some reason in the area of the slide corner, Nothing is attached to the body or has any backing. When the body twist or the slide is extended it causes the lower portion of the fiberglass to crack. I have used resin, bondo, slight patch of glass and cut it out and made a bigger bondo patch.. not really understanding what the problem was. after it was cut out I can see that the area was allowed to move because of no backing or attachment behind the fiberglass... So we attached some self tapper screws into the area on both sides to keep it from moving and cut a section out and tapered the fiberglass on each side to take some patch.. I think this actually fixed the problem this time... I believe this needs to be done.

Pic number 1 looked just like mine after several attempts to repair.. others are of the area repaired and ready for paint ^.^d