Skip to main content

Topic: Why are we selling our coach? (Read 1599 times) previous topic - next topic

Why are we selling our coach?
We have decided to sell our coach (2000, U295, 36, no slide).  It will be listed in the classifieds later today.  You can also see pictures of the coach on our website:

2000 Foretravel U295, 36′, no slide | Geoandpat.com

The big question is why? ...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Why are we selling our coach?
Reply #1
Sounds like a very good coach for many

Reply #2
Sounds like a very good coach for many

I agree. Particularly with the work George has had done since inspection.

Also agree with George-- a 20 year old coach is not everyone's cup of tea. ...

Reply #3
Not really necessary for you guys to explain your decision, except that it may ease the concerns of potential buyers.  Preferences and priorities change as we move through life.  Best to be honest with yourself about what you want to do, and then...

• Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 10:04:02 pm by Chuck & Jeannie

Reply #4
George
I will miss reading about your projects, I just said to my DW that George sure has a lot going on with his coach all the time. Good luck with your sale
David

Reply #5
I would say that if you travel to somewhat fixed locations and may not even stay in the coach when you get there, then any type of large RV probably isn't needed.  Maybe a class B would fit your travel style better.  Everyone travels just a...

• Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 01:11:45 am by Bob & Sue

Reply #6
Sorry to see you go, George.  I enjoyed meeting you both while in the Houston area and wish you the best.

Chris

Reply #7
Wishing you and Pat the best of luck with the sale and your next chapter in this adventure of life.  A big thank you for your explanation of the toilet leak as I have one now and am going to order new seals before I take the clamp off.

Maybe we...

Reply #8
So sorry for your issues and understand the daily fixes, etc.  We also had a coach that was only a couple of years old and there is a big difference in issues, etc.  Our best to you both!

Reply #9
George and Pat ,
You are going to be missed. If you guys are ever in Ashville N.C.  Come see us over in Raleigh.
All The BEST Karl and Madelyn

Reply #10
George and Pat?

Was it the toilet, the burnout or worry about undertaking a cross country trip in a nearly 20 year old machine?  If the latter, and if you want to give it another try, do this.  When you hear, what pilots call automatic rough, turn...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
George,sleep on it a few nights,you may feel different,most of the expensive things are already done,hate to see you go.

Reply #12
Take a trip and stay in a hotel a few nights. You will smile when you get home and that gorgeous FT is sitting in your driveway.

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
Should make a good coach for someone. You'll feel a sense of relief as the new owner drives away. My advice: As soon as it is out of sight, delete the foreforums site immediately and don't ever, for any reason, visit the site again. If you do, be...

Reply #14
But,,, fortunately for us several previous Foretravel ( you know who you are) owners have not done that. Thank goodness !!

I for one realy need that collective knowledge. ( anything I can do to avoid future screw ups is good ).

Either way...

Reply #15
Our GV is 33 years old... original engine ( gas) with 45,000 miles, original plumbing,  original suspension with just ride height bags in the rear, original Gen Set,  we had to have an transfer switch component replaced,  original toilet and...

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
I applaud George for making his decision after his trials and his deliberation with his coach of his Pursuit of Happiness. For that is what it is--a pursuit, and they have decided their happiness means going in a different direction.
Those of us...

Reply #17
My 2 cents and experiences.  Our first coach was a 39' Newell, then when we went full-time we moved up to a 45' 2 slide Newell.  Then we bought our last home and sold the Newell.  Thought we were done and started renting houses or cabins for a...

Reply #18
George, Best of luck on your next adventure. 

Reply #19
  Like any Foretravel of this vintage, it takes a lot of attention and work to get it and keep it in near-first-class condition
 for us.
Totally understand that George and something I did...

Reply #20
That sprinter drivetrain and systems are going to be way more complicated and problamatic Maybe. Technology Marches forward only. In more complications. I took steps backs and bought a simple ORED for smooth simple sailing..89 is Divine so far.

Reply #21
Thanks for all the nice comments.  It has been three weeks since I started this thread and we have completed our 1800-mile migration from Tucson to Anacortes in the coach.  We really enjoyed the trip... very comfortable.  That is the reason we...

• bigdog
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
Neither of us especially likes working on an RV, let alone doing it every day for five months straight.  You could say we are "burned out."  We owned a '03 U295 for five years, and when...

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
George glad to hear you had a good trip back to Washington. Sounds like the hard work you have put in have paid off. Hopefully you have gone over the hump and have the worst behind you. While there will always be projects hopefully you will have...

Reply #24
The only way out of the fix up cost is to finish it and drive the money out of the coach