Skip to main content

Topic: How to get repair work done following an accident? (Read 1686 times) previous topic - next topic

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: How to get repair work done following an accident?
Reply #50
I live 100 miles from you on I 30 on your way to Nac. If I you need more tools or supplies than you have you can call me 870 556 0138.

• Texhub
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #51
I stand corrected. Love the forum for straight information.

? Was there a LLP way to avoid?
Thought I read that is why. High value new buyers were using the SD way.
Mark

Reply #52
I hate to keep adding more here but...
When we pulled into the campground yesterday after the 2 mile ride from the impound lot, my wife was standing behind the coach directing me and was very concerned about the noise she heard from the engine...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #53
Turn OFF the dash A/C and let us know if the noise changes.

Reply #54
Dan,

That is the compressor for the dash A/C unit. With the front end damage you may have damaged a hose causing the system to loose freon.  The compressor may be cycling due to the low pressure cut off switch. As has been posted report back after...

Reply #55
Dan,

That is the compressor for the dash A/C unit. With the front end damage you may have damaged a hose causing the system to loose freon.  The compressor may be cycling due to the low...

Reply #56
Dan, that is dash air compressor, loosen it remove belt or cut belt, or maybe turn dash air off and pully will free-wheel without noise. By the way the sound seems normal.

Can you tell us what happened to cause the damage.

Reply #57
No need to cut the belt unless the bearings on the compressor/clutch are bad.

So, before cutting it, just turn it off (or even disconnect the wire to the compressor) and see if the noise/vibration goes away.

Reply #58
Hopefully if totalled. You save state tax.

Update idea: after all you were planning on titling it in South DAKOTA. Which has no sales tax on rv.

Tex;  South Dakota has a sale tax, as we registered...

• Texhub
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #59
Great example of how powerful and wonder full this forum and the staff behind the scene are. The checks and balance of correctly getting facts. Of course always do your own diligence on subjects if possible. Thanks for all Mark

Reply #60
Absolutely take it back to NAC, do all the above, trust me you don't want an inexperienced shop to touch your coach.  I made the mistake of taking mine to a " local to me RV repair facility that came highly recommend, but boy was it a BIG BIG...

Reply #61
Dan, that is dash air compressor, loosen it remove belt or cut belt, or maybe turn dash air off and pully will free-wheel without noise. By the way the sound seems normal.

Can you tell us...

Reply #62
Turning off the dash A/C shuts off 12 VDC positive to the compressor clutch so the compressor is not engaged.

If that fixed it, you are good to go.

Reply #63
The clicking sound is simply the AC clutch pulling in and dropping out. When the AC is "on" the compressor is controlled by a low pressure switch, high pressure switch and of course the thermostat.

Front end damage could and probably did result in...

Reply #64
Hate to say it but strongly suspect it will be totaled.  The damaged/displaced front cap is a big deal.  If you have it transported to Nac I'd be sure that the insurance co is paying for it, and not pulling some little stunt like deducting...

Reply #65
Call and send pictures to Extreme, Xtreme Paint & Graphics     (936)560-5888
they may do an estimate for you.  Their work comes highly recommended by me and many others.

Reply #66
They will do phone estimate and work with your insurance adjuster and get you going.
No finer people to do business with.

Reply #67
Call and send pictures to Extreme, Xtreme Paint & Graphics     (936)560-5888
they may do an estimate for you.  Their work comes highly recommended by me and many others.
Xtreme has already done...

Reply #68
Would it be unrealistic to look into doing the headlight conversion/upgrade at this point? Would that cost significantly more than the $25-30k estimate we got from Xtreme to repair things to the old style?

Reply #69
I'd suggest that you speak to Xtreme about this off line. I'm sure they've dealt with situations like this before and can help you navigate.

Personally I wouldn't let anyone else do the work. They do great work and are great people. I had some...

Reply #70
FWIW, when I had some front end damage a year ago(the turkey did not survive) Xtreme(my first choice) was fully booked but FT could handle it.  I had had Xtreme do my headlight conversion ten years ago.  FT borrowed the mold from Xtreme to make...

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #71
You will want the headlight conversion done.. many of us have had both types of lights and when you witness the conversion driving at night you would never go back even if it cost you some out of pocket..

Reply #72
Tuesday update: Left Little Rock 6am, arrived in Nac 6pm. Decided to try stitching everything up with baling wire and duct tape, and we made it. Xtreme will look at the front-end damage in person in the morning and then we'll pow-wow with...

Reply #73
Happy to hear you made it safely, wish you luck with the repair............

Hopefully the "tough luck" is all behind you now.

Reply #74
Proud of you. Now you (and we) know anything that happens to the coach you will be able to handle it.   Glad you got to  Naco.  As the commercial says. "You are in good hands"

Here is also another example what good this forum does in helping...