Skip to main content

Topic: Any opinions on Nacogdoches Motorhome Service? (Read 804 times) previous topic - next topic

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Any opinions on Nacogdoches Motorhome Service?
Looking for opinions on Nacogdoches Motorhomes service shop. I need to have a slide seal replaced and I am considering all my options. I've dealt with Foretravel , and I've dealt with Motorhomes Of Texas but I've never had any dealings with...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Any opinions on Nacogdoches Motorhome Service?
Reply #1
We had a bunch of work done there. No issues. Great guys. Highly recommend.

Reply #2
I think that FOT can do the job in one day so you are not out of your coach overnight. 

HWH takes 1 1/2 days so we needed to spend a night in a hotel.

Don't know about MOT or NMS but might be worth checking if this is a consideration for you.

Rich

• MarkC
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #3
I submitted a post a couple of weeks ago about them.  I HIGHLY recommend them.  They had our coach for 4 days and did a long list of things I asked for.  New Redhead Steering Box, New Brake Slide Pins, New compressor in the storage bay, and much...

• MarkC
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #4
Keith, one other thing, give them a call and talk with Bruce or Seth.  They will spend all the time you need discussing your coach and what they would do.  If I need any major work, I will go back to them all the way from Colorado.

Reply #5

Reply #6
Your year slide will push in and it makes the change much easier. The first generation slides in the 99 thru early 2002 required removing the entire room an 8 our job alone to remove and replace.  In 03 they just remove the stops and it pushes in...

Reply #7
Good guys, while I was there they replaced a slide seal in a Foretravel, it was one like John referenced, they were able to push it in the coach enough to R&R. Give Bruce a call, I believe you will be happy with their service.

• U295 Owner
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #8
We had our 2002 living room slide seal replaced last fall at MOT and it took a day and a half.  We had to get a hotel room.
MOT did not replace the regulator.  Should that worry me?

John, do you know if a pre-2003 can retrofitted to allow the...

• U295 Owner
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #9
Sounds to me like the 2002 model year (mine) was awkwardly designed unit.  Not only the slide removal issue, but FOT also hung the Aqua Hot from the storage bay ceiling, which results in a miserable (according to FOT techs) and a day-long process...

Reply #10
Highly highly recommended. I cannot say enough good things about NMS. I was one of the original posters linked by Michelle. They are the regular and preferred maintenance and service providers for my coach. 

We were in Colorado for a few weeks...

Reply #11
Larry, what is your build number?  My 2002 was built in August of 2001 and the bladder can be replaced by sliding the room in.  It does not require complete removal of the room.  It has the "Train" slide mechanism. 

HWH did not replace my slide...

• U295 Owner
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #12
Rich, my build number is 5919.  I'm curious as to what yours is.  Keith (MOT) pulled our slide clear out of the coach when he replaced our (air) leaking seal this past fall.

Larry

Reply #13
Rich, my build number is 5919.  I'm curious as to what yours is.  Keith (MOT) pulled our slide clear out of the coach when he replaced our (air) leaking seal this past fall.

Larry
It's in his sig.

• U295 Owner
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #14
OK.  I see it.  Thanks.  I see that his coach was built exactly 20 line units after ours.  I wonder what's up with that mid-model year change. 

Keith definitely knows his stuff, and one of the FOT techs warned me that my seal was going to need...

• U295 Owner
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #15
Responding to Cody's post, I curious if was the service writer or techs on the shop floor that he felt 'brushed him off'.  I can't imagine either shop foreman (Keith or Alton) doing that.

Larry

• U295 Owner
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #16
I do have a 'disappointing' story to tell about our last visit to FOT.  I had about a week's worth of service items - one of which was to replace the seal on our toilet as it wouldn't hold water in the bowl.  The FOT service tech told me that...

Reply #17
Larry,

With my coach being built in Aug 2001, I assume it was very early in the 2002 production cycle.  I'm guessing that you do not have a 2002 "Train" slide mechanism but one of the last of the ones used on the 2001 models in your 2002 U295. ...

Reply #18
HI guys,

My coach number is 5957 and it was made in September 2001. When my slide seal was replaced at HWH a few years ago they had to remove the slide completely. However, Lon did say they removed a piece of wood that was blocking the ability to...

Reply #19
Responding to Cody's post, I curious if was the service writer or techs on the shop floor that he felt 'brushed him off'.  I can't imagine either shop foreman (Keith or Alton) doing that.

• SteveB
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #20
Just my observations as a guy of a certain age.:

Keith and Alton are very good at their jobs as shop for men for their respective employers. They are approachable and friendly but they are not great B-S'ers. They are not employed as front men for...

Reply #21
After my post, I received a private message from two other forum members who have received similar treatment from the same source and they too have long thought it was because of their...

Reply #22
Just my observations as a guy of a certain age.:

Keith and Alton are very good at their jobs as shop for men for their respective employers. They are approachable and friendly but they are not...

Reply #23
Cody, I have tried to keep quiet but can't help myself.  I can't speak to MOT or FOT service as I have never been there--that being said I have noticed a trend in service providers in general.  I know( I'm painting with a broad brush) when I and...

Reply #24
Chris is spot on with his analysis!  I worked in the people field for well over 50 years and with our small mom & pop business, it is tough to find those willing to put forth the effort as if they had a "piece of the pie" so to speak in the...