Skip to main content
Topic: Wiring diagram for hydraulic flow switch on my 1990 grand villa  (Read 107 times) previous topic - next topic

Wiring diagram for hydraulic flow switch on my 1990 grand villa

Hya all, does anyone have a wiring diagram for my electric back up pump that is attached to the underneath of my hydraulic powerhead, i cant seem to work out how it works, I fitted a new electric pump to powerhead, it only comes with 1 cable for live power, the pump itself is grounded to the vehicle, the flow switch is a new switch but is a grounding switch, so i cant seem to work out when there is no hydraulic flow how this operates with the brake pedal, just for now I have wired a switch on the dash with live power to the pump, and when i turn it on I can hear that the pump is working and the brake pedal works at 50% power as it says in the manual, so if I was driving and my power steering pump stopped working all I have to do is flick the switch on and I would be able to stop the vehicle, I have took the power direct from the battery, totaly seperate from the ignition, this is only temporary as I would rather it all worked as it should, ive checked all the wiring diagrams in my manual but just can't seem to find it,  i have two brake pedal switches, one for the brake lights and obviously the other switch next to it, is for the electric pump,  I would imagine that the pedal the grounding  flow switch must go to some kind of relay or solenoid to create power to the pump, but i just can't work out, how it all works together, any help would be appreciated,  just an update, after get all the brake discs turned and having new hydraulic powerhead fitted, I now have excellant brakes, and I'm hoping now to get the vehicle safety checks done and passed sometime in April or may and be able to use it again for the first time in 13 years, it seems like it's took forever, but finaly can see light at the end of the tunnel
1990 foretravel grandvilla, Oshkosh chassis
8.2ltr Detroit turbo