Skip to main content

Topic: Battery Discharged in Honda CR-V (Read 820 times) previous topic - next topic

Battery Discharged in Honda CR-V
After six straight days of towing the Honda and leaving it attached behind the coach, the battery was so run down that it barely turned over the engine on the sixth morning.  Fortuantely, I carry a Sears DieHard 3-stage charger.

I seem to...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Battery Discharged in Honda CR-V
Reply #1
Toad charge. http://www.lslproducts.com/ToadChargePage.html
EASY Installation
I use the new 10 amp version & i have not had a weak battery since even after days of driving.
The old 5 amp was not enough because the Acura battery was draining.

Reply #2
I second Barry's recomendation.  I learned that same lesson on the first trip with the coach two years ago.  Have not had a problem since.

Reply #3
Hi Berry, Thanks for that post with the parts list attached. I tow a Dakota and have had the same problem never thought to ask how to fix.  I really like this new site it sure works nice...  :)

Reply #4
A cheaper solution, although not as elegant or convenient, is to pull the accessory power socket fuse. Check your CRV manual. On my 2005 CRV the manual recommends pulling fuse 18 after having performed the transmission shifting procedure if you...

Reply #5

Don't know how much this will reduce the battery drain.

I have pulled the fuse before I installed the "Toad Charge" and it did remove the Battery Drain.
Only problem for me is I had to put in the...

Reply #6
George - Here is our self-made permanent "charger" for our 06 CRV.

Attach a ring connector to 10 guage (red) automotive wire, and connect it to the post on the starting battery side of your FT isolator, and run/attach the wire along the side of...

Reply #7
George,

When I towed an Accord, I replaced the bolt on the ground battery post connector with one from a bicycle seat quick release clamp.  It then took seconds to eliminate any battery drain and didn't require any wiring.

Regards,

Brett

Reply #8
FWIW. 
A word of caution regarding pulling any fuses or installing battery disconnects on Honda products. 
Some you can and some you can't without risking transmission damage! 
Be sure to check with a Honda representative that you know and trust...

• Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 01:04:18 am by Neal Pillsbury

Reply #9
I have enjoyed your answers and learned a few things.  It is doubtful that we will ever again do six days in a row of 300 miles per day without unhooking and using the Honda CR-V. So I will take the easy way out and do nothing.  I do have a high...