Skip to main content
Topic: Coach information preservation (Read 3425 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from 1997 U320

Coach information preservation

I'm on the hunt for manuals. I searched this forum first.....and then called Foretravel. They were not much help. They guy that used to handle the older manuals no longer works there so they were not sure if they could help.

OK, this is a broadcast call for action to the forum members.  If you have information, especially manuals, in digital format, please consider uploading them to the Media -> files library section of the forum.  We need to preserve and provide info for current and future members, especially if previous resources are disappearing!

I have started by uploading our 2003 Owners Manual to a subfolder which everyone *should* have write access to  http://www.foreforums.com/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=449

Michelle
Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!  - John C. Bogle

Lifetime Escapees' member SKP 82766
Former 1999 30IB Lazy Daze (2000-2004)
Former 2003 U320 (2004-2016)
Former 2017 LTV Unity (2017-2023)
Shopping for our next coach

Re: Coach information preservation

Reply #1
Great idea, Michelle! Can you suggest a proper format as we warm-up our many scanners? Our coach has wonderfully detailed, factory drawings. (Suitable for framing, but I veered OT) thanks for the effort. Paul
Paul & Kathleen
1995 U320c SE 40'
Build 4681 --Cummins M11 /17511
"That Irish Girl"
Red MINI " 40"

Reply #2
Great idea, Michelle! Can you suggest a proper format as we warm-up our many scanners?

.PDF is usually best for everyone 

You might need to play with the scanner resolution to get enough detail yet not end up with a huge file.
Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It's cheaper!  - John C. Bogle

Reply #4
1991 U280-U300 Owners Manual added
Peter and Tammy Fleming and Rosie
1991 U300 GV 40 - Sold, owned for 4 years
Downsized to Roadtrek Popular 210 class B

Reply #5
As a "gonna be"...thank you. My 20-something sons are intrigued too and our coaches will certainly survive for more generations so this effort is truly a gift. I'll certainly participate if what we buy can help. Who knows maybe we'll need em ourselves.
Randy (N4TDT) and Karen Crete
Sarasota, Florida
2000 U270 34' WTFE Build 5756 "Ole Red"
Follow Us: Login • Instagram  Camping for the Rest of Life – It does not matter how slowly you go so long you don't stop

Reply #6
Downsizing/compressing PDFs is frequently needed as many manuals are large and take too much space to put in forum documents. Trying to compress using an application like Preview may result in low resolution that is annoying at best. Here is an excellent way to do it without losing resolution but reducing the file size significantly. This guy needs to clean up his act a bit but the info is good and the video is short: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VCZOwo6ZOk

PC users can view other YouTube video that apply to their OS.

Pierce
Pierce and Gaylie Stewart
'93 U300/36 WTBI
Detroit 6V-92TA Jake
1140 watts on the roof
SBFD (ret)

Reply #7
Just uploaded a bunch of our 2003 schematics to the Schematics folder in the Files Library.

Reply #8
This posting is VERY timely for us.  We have only used the FT very little over the 7 years we have had it - okay, so I am a workaholic - but just retired a few months ago.  Have misplaced the "Maintenance Manual" which had a schedule of activities - initially required for warranties - but that is not an issue on a 1999 coach :-).  However, I have been searching the Forum to see if there  is an itemized schedule of maintenance activities that need to be performed so we can ensure we are "up to code" before embarking on some long trips in near future.  Saw a reference to a Post 19938 where someone had posted an electronic copy of this maintenance scheduling so all would not need to compile their own, but when I try to access it, I get directed to a Yahoo account which I cannot log into.  Wasn't there a previous forum in Yahoo?  Does anyone have an electronic copy/spreadsheet/whatever of yearly maintenance and interval maintenance (50,000 miles, 75,000 miles, etc.)??  We purchased the FT third hand but were fortunate to have a good supply of documents, including equipment for the most part.  I xeroxed a separate copy so that if I took out something - such as the blasted instructions on how to open our awning - I would not inadvertently lose the only copy.  So can supply info from a 1999 - if someone comes up with a good method.  Don't have access to a scanner like I did when I was a "workaholic." :-(
hugh n & judy taylor
and Gator - Australian Red Heeler
36 ft - 1999 U320 Build # 5536
Motorcader # 16907  Richland, WA 99352

Reply #9
We just purchases a 1987 Grand Villa 3208 CAT that has all of the manuals for everything inside and out. I may never get them all scanned (due to the amount of material and my work schedule) but if anyone is looking for anything in particular I'll gladly scan the portion needed.