Skip to main content

Topic: Windshield Do I have to go to NAC? (Read 1167 times) previous topic - next topic

Windshield Do I have to go to NAC?
A rock chip is no chip anymore :-( It started a line that is about 3 inches long now.
Ours is 2003 Grand Villa. It has a bigger windshield than the pre 2000 Grand Villas. If it was the Bus style, I would imagine I can go to any place but, I wonder I...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Windshield Do I have to go to NAC?
Reply #1
Sounds like a rock chip immediate fix with a windshield repair kit may have kept the pit from being a line that keeps on giving. Good idea to carry the kit.

Reply #2
This is a good place to start, they might refer you to a place in your area.  RV & Bus windshield distributor Eugene Oregon, Best Price Auto Glass Products

Reply #3
Lots of old posts about replacing the windshield. Any good auto glass shop should be able to order and replace. The windshields are not all from the same manufacturer and may not fit exactly the same. The GV front cap is not very stable and can...

Reply #4
  Check with your insurance company, I had both sides of my windshield done in my driveway. I told my ins. people that I was extremely reluctant to drive to a location and could I have the work done at home. No problem, I gave them the details of...

Reply #5
Lots of old posts about replacing the windshield. Any good auto glass shop should be able to order and replace. The windshields are not all from the same manufacturer and may...

Reply #6
Murphy's law:  If you get it replaced the new one will attract a rock and another repair needed; let it go and it doesn't attract another rock.  At least that is my experience, been driving now for about 3 years with a crack in the curved part of...

Reply #7
I used Auto Glass Center  recommended by insurance company (Foremost).  Glass was orderd and shipped to them.  They do mobile install and or familiar with Motor Homes.
Located at 10333 Garland Rd, Dallas 75218.   Phone 800-560-9005

Larry Bradley

Reply #8
Dallas Fort Worth folks please check this thread for me and let me know if you know what you know. Thank you, AL

Reply #9
Sooo just got back from Nacogdoches. Foretravel (Thank God) removed and installed two new Windshields
I was there last Monday during the first 2-3 hours, when they started to remove the windshields.
First, I am glad I did not attempt this...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Had one half of mine done at a shop in Corpus Christi,after getting a crack in Alaska,shop did a good job,like the saying goes,
it's not rocket science,their putting glass in a gasket.

Checked out Exoshield site looks like the cost would be $1000...

• Lance Camper
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Sooo just got back from Nacogdoches. Foretravel (Thank God) removed and installed two new Windshields
I was there last Monday
I rolled into Camp Foretravel on the 8th Al, were you still there?  I...

Reply #12
Ed, are you still here?

Reply #13
Yes, not rocket science. An experienced glass person can install on anything. I did a left side install on our 4107. Just not a big deal but did take a little time as it was my first really big windshield. Glass was $110 out of Mexico.

Pierce

Reply #14
Remove, clean, prep, apply adhesive, install gasket, sit the windshield and strap it for 24 hours. "not rocket science" correct but also every FT is not created equal :-) at least not 100% like mine is driven by me, and she is snazzy :-)
I am...

Reply #15
Hi there! Anyone know where I can get the "windshield treatment" (plywood repair/grab handles) in the Chicago/northwest Indiana area? Glass is good, just won't stay in place.I tried Master Tech Rv in Ft. Wayne and was not satisfied?... I need to...

Reply #16
This may sound far fetched but I'd contact JR. At JC Refridgeration in Shipshawana. He is well connected in his Amish community and can probably refer you.