Skip to main content

Topic: Allison shift pad (Read 1552 times) previous topic - next topic

• TAS69
  • [*][*][*][*]
Allison shift pad
My push button shift selector/pad is becoming increasingly slow to respond.
I seem to remember tell of a company that rebuilds them?!.
If there is no such rebuilding option any advice on where to look for reasonably priced replacement?
Thanks as...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Allison shift pad
Reply #1
Tom,
These folks do a top notch job Transmission Instruments    Several here have used these folks.

Mike

Reply #2
I just got my shift pad back from Transmission instruments. Could not be happier with there work and attitude.
I did not get the same soft touch screen back, its a hard plastic push button screen, works great and has a better feel than the soft...

Reply #3
I just got my shift pad back from Transmission instruments. Could not be happier with there work and attitude.
Good to know, my 'N' is sticking, not all the time, but I know this won't get...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
I did not get the same soft touch screen back, its a hard plastic push button...

Reply #5

Pics? Help a Brother out!! :D

here you go, bro.

Reply #6
I wonder if the pad would work with the newer system that only shows the selected gear not selected and actual?

Reply #7
Brett replaced our 'one window' display in 2010 with the dual window, looks the same as Lon's,  I like the 'click' buttons !

Lon, what did you pay for it?   :-X

Reply #8
Mike, your '93 probably came with a 2 window display from Foretravel. Hope to find out if it wasn't and that they are interchangeable.

Reply #9
Mike, your '93 probably came with a 2 window display from Foretravel. Hope to find out if it wasn't and that they are interchangeable.

Correct. 1993 Allison 3000/4000 had two window displays.

I do...

Reply #10
Until I put in the VMSpc, I didn't know the coach wouldn't upshift to 6th until 63 mph. Towing in Cal. limits speed to 55 so I am running in 5th while towing and mileage suffers.

Reply #11
Until I put in the VMSpc, I didn't know the coach wouldn't upshift to 6th until 63 mph. Towing in Cal. limits speed to 55 so I am running in 5th while towing and mileage suffers.
So you're saying...

Reply #12
Brett replaced our 'one window' display in 2010 with the dual window, looks the same as Lon's,  I like the 'click' buttons !

Lon, what did you pay for it?  :-X

Transmission Instruments charged about...

Reply #13
So you're saying the CHiPs don't have no sense of humor?  They won't let you fudge it a bit up to 63?  Bummer.
I have a commercial license and am not allowed to remove a violation with...

Reply #14
Interesting as my m11 upshift into 6th occurs at 55.  I think the shift points are adjustable? Same axle ratio

Reply #15
Interesting as my m11 upshift into 6th occurs at 55.  I think the shift points are adjustable? Same axle ratio
We must have something different if not the rear gears. Maybe Allison computer can...

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
"In ECONOMY MODE, the transmission will not downshift even at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) until the engine pulls down to peak torque RPM in some application and 200 RPM lower that "regular mode" in others. And similarly, on up-shift, economy mode...

Reply #17
My tranny shifts to 6th at 61mph.  Not 60.5 even.

Reply #18
Yes, the Allison ECU can be reprogrammed by an Allison dealer.  BUT (large BUT) the RPM range is what is set, so it would affect all gear changes, not just 5-6.

• TAS69
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
here you go, bro.
was it simple to remove? Getting ready to tackle it after feeding MOMS.

Reply #20
If all repairs were this simple I would be a very happy camper.
Less than 15 min. even if you "milk" the job.

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Changed fuel filters and started coach,was going to move around but will not go in drive,all the other buttons work but drive will not beep or indicate drive,removed keypad,will call the repair place in morning.The wiring harness had a jumper...

Reply #22
That is what John does for a living: Transmission Instruments

Reply #23
The wiring harness had a jumper wire between number 3 and 1, the wire was cut/broken...
The cut wire has been noticed by many Forum members when they are poking around the back side of the touch...

Reply #24
Changed fuel filters and started coach,was going to move around but will not go in drive,all the other buttons work but drive will not beep or indicate drive,removed keypad,will call the repair...