Skip to main content

Topic: iC-37 (Read 6910 times) previous topic - next topic

iC-37

Currently in Nac. setting up work and schedule for our return thru Nac to NE in Sept.

iC-37 scuttlebutt (anonymous source):
  • The iC-37 will debut at the Tampa RV Supershow in Jan. 2019
  • $550K MSRP
  • No shortcuts on Quality, Minimized Profit Margin,...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: iC-37
Reply #1
 "Pole to Pole coach (100% electrical coach, no propane option)"

Hopefully nice large house battery system and as minimum prewired from roof to battery compartment with wiring run sized for big solar system. 

Reply #2
Two things that are non starters for me:  1- all electric, makes it difficult to run your fridge; we found out how inconvenient the ice maker was when dry camping. 2- two slides; we won't give up the cross ventilation in the bedroom.

Reply #3
Unless both slides are in the living room/galley?

• Rudy
  • [*]
  • Commercial Member
Reply #4
Inaddition to not being on an 8 outboard air bag chassis, the 400D heater is the baby Aqua Hot with 2 zone pumps, not three, and NO engine preheat.  Must be only block heater.

Baby heater will heat water or interior, not both at same time.  Hot...

Reply #5
"iC" originated from an in-house "naming contest" of sorts, and no one seems to know the meaning yet.

It's an iCoach at 37'!

Next up, an iCoach Mini at 30'...
8)

Reply #6
It's an iCoach at 37'!

Next up, an iCoach Mini at 30'...
8)

Clever!!!!

I am here at Foretravel and will see what information I will be able to pass on to answer some of your questions and concerns.

Reply #7
Unless both slides are in the living room/galley?
I have not found a need to have a second slide out in the living room and the extra headaches (especially with galley on a slide out) would not...

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Two things that are non starters for me:  1- all electric, makes it difficult to run your fridge; we found out how inconvenient the ice maker was when dry camping. 2- two slides; we won't...

Reply #9
Hopefully nice large house battery system and as minimum prewired from roof to battery compartment with wiring run sized for big solar system. 
Dan,
I think that is counterintuitive to the design...

Reply #10
Wanna bet the ic is "internet coach?"

Any aqua hot is great.

All the older coaches had two zone heating did they not?

• Rudy
  • [*]
  • Commercial Member
Reply #11
All the older Foretravels with Aqua Hot have the large heater (16 gallon coolant tank) with three heating loop pumps, engine preheat pump and four heating zones, living room, bathroom, bedroom and basement.  Plus the heater can heat the engine,...

Reply #12
Could it be size requirement for 37 ft length that they are choosing the AH 400D?

Reply #13
If 8kw  generator I wonder if big enough for all electric coach. Mine with gas refrigerator  and cooking has 10kw

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14

Reply #15
Spartan Class A RV Chassis - The Difference You Can Feel.

Wow...  the difference between Foretravels Spartan chassis vs. Newmar & Entegra is substantial!

Reply #16
Most owners are not winter users.  The additional,parts and labor costs for four zones may be substantial.  A front double slide could allow the galley to go back on the street side like all the pre slide coaches.  Early slides flopped the...

Reply #17
Two things that are non starters for me:  1- all electric, makes it difficult to run your fridge; we found out how inconvenient the ice maker was when dry camping. 2- two slides; we won't...

Reply #18
These posts remind me that a mfg has to make something that will actually sell, not just be liked by a few and also that all mods have to pass marketing and engineering.  I understand the strong demand for an all electric motor home.  I believe...

Reply #19
It seems to me that these are going to be like most FT have always been, somewhat customizable per order.  You might be able to order a gas cooktop.  Maybe a bigger AH.  Maybe only one slide. Why don't we just wait and see.  I hope we are all...

Reply #20
I agree with Roger. Let's wsit and see how much customization is offered.

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Reading about bedroom slides:

Just a note. We have a bedroom slide, yet still have the north south bed with full access to top of the Cummins, and cross flow ventilation (windows on both sides).  A desk with drawers is in the bedroom slide. 

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
We have the 38 ft U320 with bedroom slide and north south bed with full access to eng compartment.

Reply #23
Dan, your BR desk is probably pretty rare, most of these have a closet and no window.  I like the desk idea with a window.   One thing you do not have is the side overhead cabinets in the bedroom and less room on the driver's side between the bed...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24

Every floor plan variation has benefits and drawbacks based on whose looking.  We are lucky to have lots of variations that will likely fit everyone's needs.  So much of this...