Skip to main content

Topic: lithium batteries- drop in  (Read 2125 times) previous topic - next topic

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: lithium batteries- drop in
Reply #50
Supercaps, are THE up and Coming Tech, I have been following!  This was 2 years ago, but once they get rolling, I might do this in maybe ALL my power needs, Home, and Motorhome!  An...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #51
Supercaps, are THE up and Coming Tech, I have been following!  This was 2 years ago, but once they get rolling, I might do this in maybe ALL my power needs, Home, and Motorhome!  An...

• Tim
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #52
Supercaps have a low amount of Watt-Hours. E.g. Ten watt hours. BUT, they pack a wallop in instant power. E.g. 2000Amps.

I did not buy one because of the price, but I may eventually buy one to start the engine faster in cold weather.

Reply #53
Supercaps have a low amount of Watt-Hours. E.g. Ten watt hours. BUT, they pack a wallop in instant power. E.g. 2000Amps.

I did not buy one because of the price, but I may eventually buy one to...

Reply #54
Elon has built a fantastic vision, and a incredible house of cards, don't think it will last much longer.

Reply #55
Elon has built a fantastic vision, and a incredible house of cards, don't think it will last much longer.

OK, that being said, he just seems to reinvent himself, over and over! ...

Reply #56
If it happens, and is what they claim it is, it would be THE Stock to buy, ASAP!  Wow!

Reply #57
And, for a Real-True, Pie-in-the-Sky, a Tesla TOAD, that not only has Regen Braking, But Regen Mode while being Towed 4 Down! Hmmmmm All good, huh? 4000+ Watts on the Roof,  And Imbedded in the 'Glass Gel, on Both sides of the Coach, in full sun...

Reply #58
Odd, but I tend to dream at night.

• Tim
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #59
I recommend 20KWH of batteries for our rigs. I did the math.

This is about the power of a Nissan Leaf G1 battery pack.

• Mark D
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #60
I did the math on this and put in 3 new 8d agm's.  I feel alright with my choice ;) We aren't prolific boondockers though and I don't mind the inefficient charging using my little $150 sportsman generator that gets 10 hours on a soda can's worth of...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #61
I did the math on this and put in 3 new 8d agm's.  I feel alright with my choice ;) We aren't prolific boondockers though and I don't mind the inefficient charging using my little $150 sportsman...

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #62
I did the math on this and put in 3 new 8d agm's.  I feel alright with my choice ;) We aren't prolific boondockers though and I don't mind the inefficient charging using my little $150 sportsman...

• Mark D
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #63
A lot of different chemistry's. Make sure you know what your talking about before you claim fires.. Any documents showing a LIFEPO4 fire?

Re-read - I was speaking of daring to use other...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #64
Victron charger .. victron controller .. dropped in the batteries and all I do is check the voltage.. but it's a waste of time for me. Batteries have bms and solar. Honestly have done nothing but use them.. so far it's been great . Sorry for the...