Skip to main content
Topic: Running lights under mirrors (Read 662 times) previous topic - next topic

Running lights under mirrors

Are the lights under the mirror supposed to be running lights only or do they have turn signals also. I am trying to change mine out to LED. I have no power at all to them but I know I did at some point. Is there a separate fuse I need to look for.? All of the running lights and blinkers work.

Re: Running lights under mirrors

Reply #1
Mine only blink.
91 GV U300 Unihome 40' Build 3811
6V92TA Detroit

Reply #2
Mine are blinker only also.
Glen & Suzie
1998 U320 36'
Build #5366
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2015 ATC Aluminum 20' Trailer
Previous 1996 U295 40'
Motorcade #17546
Stephenville, TX

Reply #3
Ok so maybe it is a relay or the flasher (fuse/Relay)? Possibly?

They worked before but had not seen them on recently.. figured they lights burned out.. but when I replaced them the bulb looked good..

Reply #4
Mine are blinkers and in my manual, my fuses are behind the dash on the drivers side when I lift up the dash. I have a diagram of the location of the fuse in my owners manual. unsure if you have your original manual. There is a lot of information on different FT's at Beamalarm.com.
Kathie :)
1991 Grand Villa
G91383636SBIORED250 model
Oshkosh v-917 frame rail type chassis
caterpillar 3208-t v-8 diesel engine w/ allison MT-643 four speed transmission

Reply #5
I looked under the dash but didnt see any fuses.. thinking they are in the kick panel at the door..Will swap flashers and see if that fixes it.. if not.. Still on the hunt.

Reply #6
David,

On your coach the 12VDC for the blinkers are on an auto reset breaker (I think #14) that is on the breaker panel that is behind the removable kick panel you are talking about. You will also find the blinker relays hid in there also.

Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Reply #7
David,

On your coach the 12VDC for the blinkers are on an auto reset breaker (I think #14) that is on the breaker panel that is behind the removable kick panel you are talking about. You will also find the blinker relays hid in there also.

Mike

Thank you.. will check it out.

Reply #8
I changed mine to LED. One base was cracked, and I lost the lens. Ordered ( three ) on ebay, and bought the LED bulbs at O'Reillys. When I changed out the base for the new unit, I had a little minor surgery to do, and then soldered the connection. The first LED bulb replacement on the existing unit went perfectly. When I installed the LED in the new replacement.....nothing!! I simply flipped the bulb, and.....they work GREAT.
Glenn and Amy Beinfest
2001 36' U320
2014 Honda CRV

No Whining on the YACHT

Reply #10
Went from the old style to this new Brightled light
Rectangle LED Truck and Trailer Lights - 3-7/8" LED Side Clearance Lights - Pigtail Connector - Surface Mount - 6 LEDs - Amber
Part Number: M3-A6
Rectangle LED Truck and Trailer Lights - 3-7/8" LED Side Clearance Lights -...
David,
All of my exterior LED lights are two wire (wired ground).  If yours were two wire, why did you elect to go to one wire assemblies with screw/frame ground?  Seems like connections that are more prone to going wrong.
BY THE WAY, mirror lights on the 1998's thru 2002's (as a minimum) were standard as turn signals (always 2 wire and not three wire as would be required for turn and marker lighting).
@ Glenn:  LED's are light emitting diodes, key word being diode, so they drop the typical diode voltage drop and they don't allow dc current to pass, except in the forward-biased direction.  They become a "check valve" to dc current when wired in the reverse-biased direction.
Neal
The selected media item is not currently available.
Neal (& Brenda) Pillsbury
'02 U320 SPEC, 4200, DGFE, Build #5984
'04 Gold Wing
'07 Featherlite 24'
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
MC #14494
Exeter, NH & LaBelle FL
Quality makes the Heart Soar long after Price is Forgotten

Reply #11
The only one I could find. Not a big deal on my end.. especially seeing I am not getting power to it

Reply #12
Both flasher relays work. 1 for the flashers and 1 for the blinkers.. . Just no power to the mirror lights..

Reply #13
After some testing I think I am on to something... something so simple it's dumb.. update soon

Reply #14
Got it.. not sure what my help checked for power but he couldn't get it. After testing found the black wire was not ground lol.. I knew better

Something so simple. Having a bunch of they lately. 

Working like a charme now