Skip to main content
Topic: Owner's of 2002 U295 36" Foretravel with 2 Slides (Read 651 times) previous topic - next topic

Owner's of 2002 U295 36" Foretravel with 2 Slides

I would be interested in feedback form any Owner's of 2002 U295 36' Foretravel with 2 Slides & Cummins ISL 400HP Engine, both positive and negative.  Any known problems with this year, model Foretravel Coach?

Thanks in Advance!!!

John

Re: Owner's of 2002 U295 36" Foretravel with 2 Slides

Reply #1
As with any slide it will be the Bladder and manifold's.. New style out now that is suppose to be latest and greatest. I do not have a 295 I have the 320.

Motor and trans have225k.. Runs great 8-8.5 mpg Goes up hill and  goes faster down hill.

Replaced water pump, cleaned everything while I was in their.. CAC and replaced all the cooling hoses and clamps.. flushed the radiator. Rebuilt the alternator and few seals.. Nothing that was real pressing at the time but did some preventive maintenance while I was there.

Tires and batteries. Depends who owned it first or last and how well they took care of it.

Reply #2
I think the 2002's has some issues with the rear cap cracking where it connected to the main body. 
1998 U320 40'
2005 GMC Yukon
MC# 17609

Reply #3
The 2002 models introduced the "no trim strip" front and rear caps.  Almost all had problems, almost all have been fixed.  Look closely. 

The 2002 used the "Train" slide mechanism on the main slide.  This was the only year they used it.  I am not sure it it was more troublesome than before or after.  Most slide maintenance issues involve the seals.  If they have not been replaced set aside money to do it sooner or later. 

The bedroom closet slide shifts the bed about 4-5" to the driver's side reducing walking room on that side.  With the slide in there is almost no room on the pass side.  The side overhead BR cabinets are also eliminated.  Compare the BR to a coach without the BR slide to see the difference.  This also changes the working room in the engine space.  Probably not a big deal to most.

The 2002 coaches used an air/electric ZipDee patio awning.  Another they either work well or don't.  Get the seller to deploy and retract several times to be sure it is working.  The 2002 also used a vacuum assisted toilet. (Often referred to as the TurboTurd 3000). This and the awning added demand on the air system and small aux compressor.  Some have had problems with this one, some have replaced them.  Not sure if that toilet was used on a 295.  Flush several time to confirm that all parts of the system are working.

These are good coaches, it is always a good thing to ask questions and know as much as you can. Year to year and model to model there are differences that are worth knowing about.

Good hunting!