Skip to main content

Topic: Unicoach Dash "Expanding"? (Read 295 times) previous topic - next topic

• Lance Camper
  • [*][*][*][*]
Unicoach Dash "Expanding"?
I removed the vinyl covered wooden dash top  so I could repair my windshield wipers. They decided to quit working on I-95 during a heavy rainstorm. It was a entertaining ride to the next exit.
It turned out to be the motor after a few attempts at...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Unicoach Dash "Expanding"?
Reply #1
No, you have to buy a new coach.
JohnH

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Try drying it out as best as you can,the tolerences can't be that tight,it should fit back in.

Reply #3
I am a firm believer in Rain-X on front windshield, front windows, and mirrors. Works great and rarely even have to turn on wipers. Had a windshield wiper motor failure years ago and made me a believer.

Reply #4
I doubt very much the wood swelled while dry in the coach. However the foam under the vinyl may have. You just have to keep working at it to get it back in. I have had dashes apart for longer than you and they always went back without any cutting...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Agree on the Rainx but it works better with the slant on your windshield then the Unicoaches.

Reply #6
To get mine in and out I take the night shade bracket off one side and that helps get it back in.  A couple of times I thought I would have to take both sides off but manages to get it in with only one side out.
Chris

• Lance Camper
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
No, you have to buy a new coach.
JohnH
I've been drooling over your Banks Stinger, John.    :D

• Lance Camper
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
I left it in place all day and finally tapped it back down. The leading edge of the dash was touching the window gaskets. I tried putting the front in place first but ran into the same issue that Chris did above.