Skip to main content

Topic: Pink antifreeze leak (Read 624 times) previous topic - next topic

Pink antifreeze leak
I have a pink coolant leak that is coming from this area behind the wire bundle below the arrow.  Very hard to get an eyeball on.  No plumbing back here (coach has been winterized with pink stuff) so am assuming it is aqua hot coolant going into...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Pink antifreeze leak
Reply #1
What kind of coolant are you using in the engine.  Mine is pink.

Rich

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Plumbing is right above the arrow,are you sure it's not coming from the blue hose,stuff a rag under the area and try and pinpoint the leak,does it leak when not running,start engine and watch and see if you can see a leak,do that and get back to...

Reply #3
Clean the area very well, then pressurize the cooling system and verify the source.

Our guessing can lead you all over the place.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Guessing water pump..

Reply #5
Tommy, that looks like the Blue Bell coach that was up for sale in TX.  Hope you find the leak, but as Brett said, run a pressure test.

Reply #6
Rich- just bought the coach and the coolant that Beau Reece put into it was green

Bill - how do you pressurize the system? Turn on the aqua hot engine heator? I've got some boiler antifreeze on order and will fill up the aqua hot overflow to the...

Reply #7
Rich- just bought the coach and the coolant that Beau Reece put into it was green

Bill - how do you pressurize the system? Turn on the aqua hot engine heator? I've got some boiler antifreeze on...

Reply #8
Joe,
After we scrubbed for 2 weeks everything actually looks really good as is.  We felt like we only had to change things if we wanted to.  We are making some cosmetic improvements. We've already re-covered the headboard ourselves. We will take...

Reply #9
Tommy, if you have a 2000 coach with an Aqua Hot you do not need boiler antifreeze.  The AquaHot installed in your coach uses engine coolant.

Be sure to find the AH model number and make sure you are using the right coolant.  Call Rudy if you are...

• Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 10:18:51 am by Roger & Susan in Home2

Reply #10
Roger, thanks for the advice, looks like Rudy already beat you to the punch  :)).  He sent me a private message and told me to call, which I will do later this morning.  You guys are great, Thanks again for all the help!

Reply #11
I'm sure Rudy will tell you the  A-H main tank level is most critical rather than the overflow tank level.

Reply #12
The original question has opened a whole lot of questions for me about my understanding of my own AH/engine/fluid situation.  So, I opened my manuals again.  In my 1997 U320...

1. My AH uses green coolant. 
2. According to the FT owner's manual,...

Reply #13
Had a mechanic look at my leaky gv320 and he confirmed a coolant leak.  From a hose and from the radiator seals that I didn't know was leaking because I had the back right corner parked over grass.  He said it was probably from sitting for 5...

Reply #14
Tommy,

He/you, not us will be in a position to determine if the core of the radiator is in good shape (worthy of rebuilding) or needs replacement.

Biggest factors are whether the coach had been exposed to salt-- either up north in winter or along a...

Reply #15
1. He said they make a kit to replace the seals and is going to get it ordered and pull the radiator and replace the seals. 
2.  would have been better putting in a new radiator.
3.  Will...

Reply #16
Anti freeze has a useful life-  it can be tested, but given the amount of time sitting and in the absence of a known previous flush and fill date I strongly suggest that after you have confirmed as best as possible the integrity of the system and...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Would price a new one from Atlas now so you have a price idea.Not sure which dryer you have but to be on the safe side I would
get a reman and not just change a filter as there are many moving parts in your dryer that wear out.

Reply #18
Guessing water pump..
Winner winner chicken dinner, David S with the correct diagnosis.

Thanks for everyone's useful info from my limited description and expertise in general mechanical...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
The gaskets and o-rings shrink when cold and expand when hot,that explains the leak,just make sure you have every hose you need
ahead of time before you change any,are you changing coolant at this time?

Reply #20
The engine pre-heat uses the engine coolant. Not sure why green would be in a 2000 coach. Texaco extended life was factory and it is pink when diluted.

Reply #21
The engine pre-heat uses the engine coolant. Not sure why green would be in a 2000 coach. Texaco extended life was factory and it is pink when diluted.

Of course in  the last 19 years, we have no...

Reply #22
Of course in  the last 19 years, we have no idea who put what coolant in there.
I was curious why the leak was pink and he said the engine coolant was green and the AH had boiler coolant in it.