Skip to main content
Topic: Washer dryer stack (Read 498 times) previous topic - next topic

Washer dryer stack

we are looking at getting the washer/dryer that is a stack (2 units) when I lick at load capacity the washer holds the same at the combination unit we have.  My question is has anyone just added a dryer and use the combo unit for washing only, pros-cons?
Thanks
Chris
1999 U 320 DGFE
Build Number 5523
Chris & Elka Lang
In the field, Lonoke AR

Re: Washer dryer stack

Reply #1
I have a separate washer and dryer. I don't see any reason you couldn't just add a dryer. You would have to cover the dryer vent on the washer. Pm your # I can give you some help with the vent.
Bruce, Linda, and Macy
Zoey RIP 1/20/19
1999 U295 40' build #5400
2017 silver Jeep Wrangler, 1260 watts of solar on top
Moving around the country

Reply #2
we are looking at getting the washer/dryer that is a stack (2 units) when I lick at load capacity the washer holds the same at the combination unit we have.  My question is has anyone just added a dryer and use the combo unit for washing only, pros-cons?
Thanks
Chris

Chris;  we had the Splendide washer/dryer combo and we ended up just going to a laundry mat.  With our fifth wheel, we had the Ariston, which is made by Splendide but side by side.  You could put in a little more into those, but not much.  I would consider the stacked washer/dryer by GE or some other brand that is made for apartment size units.  Small enough to work in your space using the top half of the cabinet as well.  A little larger in size for laundry and the dryer works off 110, but uses propane for the heating process.  Or you could buy the stack 220 unit.  I believe there is a way to have that system hooked up to work off of 50 amp service.  Not sure on that one.  All the ones we have seen in other rigs have the 110-volt dryers with propane for drying.  Cost of the stacked 110-volt unit is in the $1200 range.
Joe & Dottie Allen
Sold!  December 2023.      2000 U320; build # 5645
Our coach " Maxine"
Motorcade #  15922;  Escapee 150950; FMCA F330833; Boondockers Welcome;  Harvest Hosts;  Thousand Trails
'98 U320 from 2000-'06
USAF '62-'66

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." ―Epicurus

Reply #3
We have the stackable Splendide washer & dryer, and they are amazing!!  I can't answer your question directly, as we didn't start out with the combo unit in place.  I'm sure that would work, but like mentioned, you would have 2 dryer vents on the outside.  Perhaps the drum sizes are the same as the combo unit, I am unsure, but I would say that our washer has a tremendous load capacity for my expectations. 

We were unable to find an apartment style 120 volt stacked unit that allowed washing and drying at the same time.  The nice thing about the Splendide Ariston stackables is that they are two separate 120 volt units that just happen to stack on top of each other, allowing you to operate both units at the same time and you are actually able to run the dryer on 30amp.  We opted not to go with something like the Bosch units because the 220 volt dryer required us to be either plugged into 50 amp, or run the generator, in order to dry.

When it's time to start looking to purchase these units, call Splendide directly.  They were sooooo helpful to us in finding us brand new, but slightly dinged units, for a deep discount.

Here is the thread we started with our washer and dryer install.  ^.^d
The selected media item is not currently available.Amanda and Douglas
Lily *meow* (and B.T. r.i.p. 9/12/18)
1997 U320 40' - "Brawley"
Motorcade #17266
Escapee #113692