Skip to main content
Topic: New monitor no tank display (Read 620 times) previous topic - next topic

New monitor no tank display

I searched the forum and maybe I just can't get it to sink in or maybe it's above my pay grade or both. Started the process of the new rear camera. For the record, everything worked before I screwed it up. Maybe black & white wasn't so bad.

1. Removed the old monitor and installed the new monitor and rear camera
2. Installed the new cable from rear camera to monitor with help from the forum locating the chase
3. Used existing on/off monitor switch to provide 12v to new monitor
4. Everything works great for the rear camera
5. Left the selector switch in place thinking I need it to switch to the tank monitor screen from the Audit 5T7 box
6. Used the existing RG 58 coax located under the center console from the Audit box to the old monitor as the signal cable for screen 2 on the new monitor. The camera 2 pigtail from the new monitor is a 4 pin male connector as show in pic. I used a 4 pin female connector and sliced the coax center pin to pin position #1 (video input) and the shield to pin position 3 (Ground)
Still blue screen with no signal
What next?

On a positive note I just installed the newly recovered coach and it looks great.
Greg & Sandy
2001 U270
Build # 5803
Eagle, Idaho

Re: New monitor no tank display

Reply #1
Not sure your old one is like mine but I had 2 switches on mine.  One to turn power on and off, other to change between camera and tank monitor.  So do you have power to your audit box?
2014 ih45  (4th Foretravel owned)
 1997 36' U295 Sold in 2020, owned for 19 years
  U240 36' Sold to insurance company after melting in garage fire
    33' Foretravel on Dodge Chassis  Sold very long time ago

Reply #2
Amazon.com : 4 Pin Aviation to RCA DC Connectors - M12/M16 Adapter - RCA...
Amazon.com: 4 Pins Female to RCA Cable, M12 4-pin Video Connectors RCA...

Just did mine, you should be able to use one of these two adapters to plug into the 4 pin on your monitor and tie the coax to the video jack.  One is male and the other female.  My monitor came with the harness to adapt from 4 pin to s video at the monitor.

2000 GV320 4010 build #5712  2019-?
1999 Bounder 2000-2008
Bardstown, KY
🥃The Bourbon Capital of the World🥃

Reply #3
Looking at circuits is somewhat of a circus for me, however looking at the schematic it appears 12V comes from fuse panel to the dash on/off switch then out to monitor / camera (old) and Audit box. Since the new camera operates off the existing on /off switch and it works, I assume the audit box is getting power.
Greg & Sandy
2001 U270
Build # 5803
Eagle, Idaho

Reply #4
Tommy
I bought one of those 4 pin aviation and the connector was not physically compatible with the new monitor 4 pin. So I bought a cable from the monitor manufacturer and tried to butt splice the coax to the correct pin locations.
Greg & Sandy
2001 U270
Build # 5803
Eagle, Idaho

Reply #5
Even ordered this female to BNC female adapter from S Video but also not compatible.

S-Video Female to BNC Female Adapter
Greg & Sandy
2001 U270
Build # 5803
Eagle, Idaho

Reply #6
Any recommendations of who I can call for help?
Greg & Sandy
2001 U270
Build # 5803
Eagle, Idaho

Reply #7
Tim at http://www.rvcams.com/
Brett Wolfe
EX: 1993 U240
Moderator, ForeForum 2001-
Moderator Diesel RV Club 2002-
Moderator, FMCA Forum 2009-2020