Skip to main content

Topic: Aqua Hot hot water (Read 1214 times) previous topic - next topic

• sam7
  • [*][*][*]
Aqua Hot hot water
We have a 2001 U320 and the hot water from shower, Kitchen and bath various from 79 to 81 degrees. It seems a little on the cool side to me as I need to run the shower using hot only and never have to mix in from cold to cool it down. I had it...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Aqua Hot hot water
Reply #1
There is a mixer valve with a thermal device that regulates the domestic hot water.   Seems to me like ours is right under the pump and has a red handle.   We had no hot water and had to replace it.  Rudy will probably chime in on this one.  He...

• SteveB
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #2
We had the same problem and replaced the mixing (tempering) valve and that fixed it. The valve is located under the fuel pump/blower assembly. Buy a new valve assembly and just transfer the guts to the old valve body. Pretty easy DIY project.

Steve

Reply #3
Output from the mixing AH mixing valve should be about 120° assuming your AH is up to operationg temp. 

Reply #4
Could it be the shower valve itself?

• Rudy
  • [*]
  • Commercial Member
Reply #5
Hot water temp at all hot water facuets, not just shower, should be 115 to 120 degrees and steady at that temp.  SteveB is right that the most likely solution is new guts for the tempering valve.

To check this out, heat the heater up to...

• SteveB
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #6
A tip I learned some time ago was to always use the water in your fresh water tank when you need hot water and the ambient temperature is cold. The water coming out of the ground can be close to freezing and I believe the max temp rise for the...

• sam7
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #7
Thanks all for your replys/information.. Now the problem has been identified.
FYI, I was on tank water and Aqua Hot had run a full cycle and at max.
I'll get it fixed and look forward to a "hot" shower.
Great information when you need it, great...

Reply #8
One tip, make a mark on the tempering valve knob before you adjust or replace the guts.  That way you know where to set it when you're done.

Reply #9
Some brands like Beaver and Country Coach built their own recirculating hot water plants using Webasto burners.

Why?  Because of the 1.5 gallon per minute continuous hot water output.  Not enough for some customers.

Beaver Marquis had four zone...

Reply #10
Our older FTs are not limited to 1.5 gal per minute output.
From the user manual for the AHE-100-02S installed in my coach (or a later version) and most U320s.  Unlimited hot water.

Hot Water
2.3 Using the Domestic Hot Water System
Aqua-Hot Motor...

• Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 08:26:45 pm by Roger & Susan in Home2

Reply #11
The aqua hots temperature rise of 55 degrees over the units water inlet  temp maxes out at 1.5 gallons per minute flow rate. 

Past the 1.5 gpm rate the 55 degree temp rise decreases.

Only so many BTU's input in a aqua hot system.  Not unlimited...

Reply #12
Here you go.

• Dick S
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
Here's what the 'guts' of the tempering valve look like.

Reply #14
Someone posted the Aqua hot bearing numbers and I can't seem to find them--Could I get a re-posting
Thanks
Chris

Reply #15
Chris,

608RS
I buy SKF rather than the cheaper skate board bearings that you will find.

Mike

Reply #16
Before replacing the tempering valve, try exercising it.  Make sure you mark the current position of the valve knob.  Rotate the knob its full range back and forth a couple times, then try Rudy's temperature test again.

Reply #17
Our older FTs are not limited to 1.5 gal per minute.

From the user manual for the AHE-100-02S installed in my coach (or a later version) and most U320s.  Unlimited hot water.

We...

Reply #18
Bob is not the one distorting the facts here.

Roger Berke & Rudy have both stated that the Aqua-Hot units in our older coaches are rated for a 55 degree temperature rise at 1.5 GPM. Running...

Reply #19

Half the facts don't make a complete conclusion.

Yes you can pick and choose your facts any way you want to make whatever case you want.

This is exactly what you did when you gave...

Reply #20
I spent a conserable portion of my Foretravel manager years long ago discussing the various defrugalities of the systems installed in the owners  coaches.  We all learned  together.  No harm.  No foul. 

The details is where the rubber meets to...

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Quote from Rudy about 10 months ago.
The water heating spec for the Aqua Hot heater is 55 degree temp rise at 1.5 gal per minute flow.  In cold climes, you may be ingesting really cold ground water such as perhaps 40 degrees.  Add 55 to that and...

Reply #22

Quote from Rudy about 10 months ago.
The water heating spec for the Aqua Hot heater is 55 degree temp rise at 1.5 gal per minute flow.  In cold climes, you may be ingesting really cold ground...

Reply #23
The Aqua Hots in the newer coaches are smaller and only have 2 zones. Our older coaches have more hot water than they do.

Reply #24
I'd like to bump this as cold weather is upon some of us.

It's a good idea to use water from the fresh water tank rather than much colder water from the campground if you like hot showers.

I find this works with my 10 gallon propane water as well.