Skip to main content
Topic: The Risch Clip (Read 752 times) previous topic - next topic

The Risch Clip

In many older Foretravels, there is a clip in the utility bay to secure the power cord.  The other day, while getting some work done by Keith Risch and crew at MOT he mentioned that it was his idea to put the clip there.  When he worked at Foretravel years ago they had an employee suggestion program that paid for ideas that were incorporated into the coaches.  Well, this was one of his.  The main purpose is to secure the end of the power cord when it is fully on the reel.  This prevents to plug from sticking out and pressing against the bay door, which on occasion can cause the door to open.  It has already happened to me!  So now I use it.  Anyway, I would like to propose that we call this little gadget the "Risch Clip."  A small tribute to a great Foretravel tech that has improved many of our coaches.

The selected media item is not currently available.
George Hatfield

Never ever use World Line Motors of Nacogdoches for service!

Re: The Risch Clip

Reply #1
Outstanding innovation...which I will procure and install tomorrow...and have no problem furthermore calling it a Risch Clip!!!  Woody.

In many older Foretravels, there is a clip in the utility bay to secure the power cord.  The other day, while getting some work done by Keith Risch and crew at MOT he mentioned that it was his idea to put the clip there.  When he worked at Foretravel years ago they had an employee suggestion program that paid for ideas that were incorporated into the coaches.  Well, this was one of his.  The main purpose is to secure the end of the power cord when it is fully on the reel.  This prevents to plug from sticking out and pressing against the bay door, which on occasion can cause the door to open.  It has already happened to me!  So now I use it.  Anyway, I would like to propose that we call this little gadget the "Risch Clip."  A small tribute to a great Foretravel tech that has improved many of our coaches.
2001 4010 U320 build #5865 "Bluto-d-Bus" since 09/18
2006 Honda Element ESP Toad
Full timing since 2016 in Western MT
Copilot: Sitka
1975 GMC 260 Avion: sold

Reply #2
I purchased these two at FOT this month. Risch Clips, huh? Keith is too darned humble. Good design and couldn't be simpler, but one of my OEM is within a year or two of probable failure. Maybe Keith will give me a credit for the core of the 25 year old parts—even if FOT didn't. They dinged me for a buck a whack.
Paul & Kathleen
1995 U320c SE 40'
Build 4681 --Cummins M11 /17511
"That Irish Girl"
Red MINI " 40"

Reply #3
Is that what that's called.  Thank you
"Riding and rejoicing"
Bob & Susan
1997 U320 40' Mid entry, build 5132,  wtbi ce27, 4th owner
2007 Solara convertible
2 prodeco tech outlaw ss electric bikes

1095 watts solar
08 Ls 460 and a sc430
2000 Ford F-250 superduty 4x4

Reply #4
Here Here! Most Excellent Idea, and things need to be named as such, especially when Great Techs invent an Improvement!  Having been an Employee of this great Company, I can say it was Built and Maintained with Most Excellent people!  Even as a Sales Associate, we had a Creed to Serve each Customer, with the Utmost in Hospitality, and the Respect a Foretravel Owner deserved, new or used, we all are Family! Even this Forum, shows that Quality People who recognize quality products are special!  The People who cared about Quality, that was Lovingly Built into every Coach, and that is always evident, to all of us! The things that Fail, are Industry Standard items that had to be used, the Foretravel Bones, to me are the Best in the Industry and always have been....but I could be a bit prejudiced, perhaps?  Nahhh 8) I also maintained many Customer Friendships Long after a Sale, as we certainly got to know each other!  Some of the Best Clients I had the privilege to serve, also returned the favor, and Ray Fore Sent me a Personalized Thank You Award for my dedication to this Company, and how many Appreciated my Service to THEM! This was when it was in the Family! That carries on to this very day, I see!  I went on to Build Rockets, which was just as Fun, and Rewarding!  I was able to Retire at a Comparatively Young Age, due to my successes! 
Tom & Barb Root
'95, 40' U-320C SE, bought from Dave Head, 8/2017  FT Motorcade # 18196 Coach Build# 4663 October '94
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen, 1991 Suzuki Samurai, Off-Road Custom Build-Up, W/Toyota 22re mill, and a 2005 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax/Allison TOADS Will also pull a MacGregor 26X Powersailor 2001 Model, owned since new!

Retired SR Rocket Mechanic, FT Sales Associate @  FT of California, Escondido CA.!  and Retired USMC Gunnery Sergeant (Hence Retired Guns! ) Avionics Tech, on A6E Intruder & OV-10 Bronco Aircraft!  V/N Era Vet, and Desert Storm Participant.  Happily Retired now!

Reply #5
"In many older Foretravels..." maybe that should be "newer" Foretravels. Our 1993 has neither a Risch clip nor a reel for the power cord.