Skip to main content

Topic: Remind me setting for basement AH heat to come on (Read 240 times) previous topic - next topic

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Remind me setting for basement AH heat to come on
Edit to fix my original errors:

If I recall correctly, zone 2 (for back of coach) must have AH set to on - on the thermostat, then basement rotary switch set to temp you want heat to begin at? So rotary set at 40 degrees, basement will begin to...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Remind me setting for basement AH heat to come on
Reply #1
I believe the bathroom thermostat has to be on to activate the Bay Area thermostat.

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
 Just tried different search terms and found the answer - which I will post in a minute or two on edit.

Edit:
Zone one is living room, dining room, dash.  Thermostat turns on pump one and those blower fans.

Zone three is bedroom, thermostat tuns on...

• Rudy
  • [*]
  • Commercial Member
Reply #3
The basement thermostat works TOTALLY separate from interior thermostats.  When it calls for heat, the basement fan(s) come on along with pump 2.  So, heating loop 2 fan coils get hot coolant through them (basement and bathroom) but only the...

Reply #4
Even if you set the basement thermostat to its lowest setting it does not appear to shut it off entirely.  So if you winterize your coach and it gets cold the #2 pump will come on and the fans will blow across cold heat exchangers until the...

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Follow up: I put the temp sensor probe in ice water, and the basement AH heat exchanger heated and the fan came on.  All was fine, just temp not low enough to set it off  (we had some cold nights (though well above freezing)  in Central FL and I...