Skip to main content
Topic: Where is engine ECU so I can find extra wires near it (Read 571 times) previous topic - next topic

Where is engine ECU so I can find extra wires near it

I need to know where the engine ECU is.  More specifically I need to know where the extra wires are that according to the owners manual come out near it?  I have looked all over the engine compartment and can find nothing that looks like the ecu that is on a car.  Do they look different or is it not in the engine compartment.  Does any one know where the extra wires labeled  38198 EX1 through EX5 come out at?
2002 36' U270 Foretravel

Re: Where is engine ECU so I can find extra wires near it

Reply #1
The ecm for your Cummins ISL engine should be on the passenger side of the engine. Silver colored box with two large wire connectors. May have to contact  FOT or Cummins for a pinout  of the wires.
Steve & Sandy
2003 U320 4220 WCDS, build#6160
Motorcade #17794
USMC '67-'71

Reply #2
This will help identify components.  It's not the pin out diagram.

Cummins ISL-G Engine Electronic Management System Components - BusTekHub

Keith
Keith, Joyce & Smokey the Australian Cattle Dog
1995 U320 SE Extreme 40' WTBI Build # 4780, with a Honda CR-V hopefully still following behind.
Motorcade # 17030
FMCA # F422159

Reply #3
The extra wires on our 99' U270 come out on the street side near the hydraulic pump reservoir, near where the wires for the towing set up meet up with transverse frame that the hitch is attached to. Your coach may be different... When I found ours, the extra wires were coiled up in the black plastic split loom with the open end taped up and tucked into the open end of the large rectangular framing that supports the engine mounts.
Don
I need to know where the engine ECU is.  More specifically I need to know where the extra wires are that according to the owners manual come out near it?  I have looked all over the engine compartment and can find nothing that looks like the ecu that is on a car.  Do they look different or is it not in the engine compartment.  Does any one know where the extra wires labeled  38198 EX1 through EX5 come out at?
The selected media item is not currently available.
Don & Tys
1999 U270 3602 WTFE #5402
Xtreme Stage 1 w/Headlight, Step Conversion, etc.
2009 Honda Fit Sport with Navi
Freedom is NOT "just another word for nothing left to lose"... with apologies to Kris Kristofferson

Reply #4
Never did find the extra wires next to ECU or the ECU for that matter.  Ended up using the extra wires that go to the rear of the coach (bundle 2088).  Used wire to run from switch in coach to a relay to turn HWH compressor on and off.  Now I don't have to pull fuse to turn off compressor. Thanks for everyone's help.
2002 36' U270 Foretravel