Skip to main content

Topic: Storage bay LED lights (Read 321 times) previous topic - next topic

Storage bay LED lights
I am getting ready to change my storage bay lights over to LED from the original bulbs. I have purchased aluminum channel with translucent covers and end caps. Do I need to put in waterproof light strips or would the normal light strips like I...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Storage bay LED lights
Reply #1
Larry,

I used the non-weatherproof strips in my bay lights.  I figure it's highly unlikely they would get wet.  I did nothing to the aluminum before sticking on the strips.  Following Roger's advice, I did not trust the adhesive on the back of the...

Reply #2
Larry, try this tape to stick the LED strips into the aluminium channel.  Works great.
Amazon.com: J.V. Converting DC-WGT-01/WI063038 JVCC DC-WGT-01 Double Coated...

You can use the same tape (maybe 4 3" pieces on a 1 meter channel) to stick it to...

Reply #3
Chuck and Roger, thanks for the input. I already bought the double sided tape from your previous suggestions on changing out the interior light fixtures. Still got half a roll left over. That stuff works great. I didn't think that I would need...

Reply #4
The only place I used waterproof LED strips is in the engine bay.

Reply #5
Roger, I'm thinking of the engine bay as well as the generator bay since it is up front.

Larry

Reply #6
This is what my big bay with 6,000°K LEDs looks like at night to my camera.  I have been using the higher temp LEDs in the basement spaces for brighter light.  Inside the 3,000°K LEDs look better to us.

I ran one string (5M) of the waterproof LEDs...

Reply #7
4 lights fabricated ready for install. It's getting closer ^.^d

Larry