Skip to main content

Topic: 1996 - U320 For Sale on Craigslist in Porter, Texas! (Read 866 times) previous topic - next topic

1996 - U320 For Sale on Craigslist in Porter, Texas!
I was just browsing for fun this evening and randomly picking cities for fun to see what I could find. I was looking in the Texas area since all the west coast was a bust and this was just listed just a few hours before. The price was extremely...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: 1996 - U320 For Sale on Craigslist in Porter, Texas!
Reply #1
Only forum member coaches and items are looked in he classifieds. No discussion is done there so it was moved. 

Reply #2
John, Porter Texas isn't that far from BC, if you say it fast enough. With the work you do on your coach, this could be a real deal waiting to happen for you. Hope all is well with you and yours. :))

Larry

Reply #3
Here is an add with more pics. that show some more detail that you need to see before you make an offer. Be aware that this is listed by "POP'S", there reviews are ?? so go through CL with the owner.

1996 Foretravel Motorcoach U320, Class A -...

Reply #4
The Aquahot has been replaced by a 20-gallon electric water heater. $10,000 for new Aquahot might drive even the most finicky owner into cutting a corner. Hopefully not many other corners got cut.
 It seems like there was another '96 U320 For...

Reply #5
It could make a nice project unit for someone with the time and $$$$$$. Many questions, bulkheads, fuel lines, air bags, tires, brakes etc. It could easily double the initial investment. If the bones are good, it could be worth it. But Buyer...

Reply #6
I am dubious. How many coaches were actually "the President of Foretravel's private coach"?  If they removed the Aquahot, what are they using for heat, the hot water heater? That must be some creative plumbing.  I dunno .....

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
If it's by Pop's run like the plague,he may say the coach is in Chicago and have a palm tree in the picture,descriptions are full of
misinformation.Why don't we try and check and see if this president of Foretravel even had a 96 coach.
Check out...

Reply #8
No first hand knowledge of this coach, but there IS an RV park in Porter TX that looks like there is a Foretravel in it.

24226 Sorters Rd, Porter, TX 77365.

Google Maps

You could also contact the RV park and ask them if there is a 40' Foretravel...

Reply #9
Vin says 97?  Tub was cm Fores favorite.  Flipped Floorplan.  Galley on curb side. 

Reply #10
Aqua hot recovery tank is still  there,  the 20 gallon tank may have been installed to fill the tub quick enough to stay hot. 

• Rudy
  • [*]
  • Commercial Member
Reply #11
This is a real coach and is as described with replaced AH as mentioned.  It is at the park on Sorters Rd.  Owner getting out of motorhome ownership.  If you wish, you may send me your contact info and I will forward to owner.

Hope this helps.

Reply #12
Hmmm.

Might have been a full timer home and stationary - probably Aquahot stopped working andf being in TX they are using heat strips, small heaters and hot water from this 20 GAL electrical unit.

Porter is near woodlands - I go through there with...

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
Tim, I actually know what Dave got out of his coach when the owner of MOT bought it from him in the end after many items had to be replaced in coach at Daves cost. He was very upset at the time and decided that due to his bad health then he just...

Reply #14
"Bargains are never bargains on the low ends of the price range.  I have made that mistake too many times buying something "low priced" and by the time I fixed it up it was way over improved".

Yup

Chris

Reply #15
Yes gracerace, often I told people "this rv if free would not be a good deal".  Fun maybe yes, a good deal, probably not.

Sometimes they would come back with, "but the owner says it has a new motor, replaced at your store"!  I would check and...

Reply #16
Well, it was good for some discussion if nothing else and the extra photos brought out a lot of problems that are probably to big to overcome easily. I did question the water tank heat in my mind as being strange but I did not check into it...

Reply #17
While all the negatives speculated on here could be accurate, I am a little concerned that much of it is just that-- speculation until someone knowledgeable puts eyeballs on it.

And if it is a "project", as with any project, the buyers skill set...

Reply #18
Just a final comment: I researched and searched for ours for a year. Had settled on what fit our budget and what we liked: a '93/'94/'95 U-240. The prices were all over the place! But having two previous coaches and knowing how fast the CBs could...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
If in fact the Porter coach was owned by this "President",it was a few owners back.

Reply #20
While all the negatives speculated on here could be accurate, I am a little concerned that much of it is just that-- speculation until someone knowledgeable puts eyeballs on it.

And if it is a...

Reply #21
Our GV is the first coach that we've ever owned and have learned a lot about a "good deal". Although I believe that term is very subjective like a lot of things.  We got it for 17k cash with 6 new tires put on the day before we picked it up along...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
How bad is the corrosion,tell us about it.

Reply #23
It's hard to tell since it's behind the wall and under the floor.  It's part of the monocoque frame and because it's so difficult to get to the guy from extreme referred us to a guy named Bernd* (I think) because his shop isn't setup for that...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
I would research every article on this forum on that repair and read it and determine if you could do any of the work yourself,if
you can get to the rusted parts they can be treated or replaced.Another idea is to drive the coach to where Brett...