Skip to main content

Topic: How to inspect the seal on the slider (Read 649 times) previous topic - next topic

How to inspect the seal on the slider
I have never had an RV with the bladder type slide seals. I have seen the pictures of how they are replaced but how do you inspect them to make sure they are in good working order? We are leaving soon to go inspect and hopefully pick up our new...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: How to inspect the seal on the slider
Reply #1
There are different slide bladders and slide mechanism for the years 1999-2001, 2002 and 2003-2005.  After that in the Nimbus and Phenix models and beyond that I am not sure what they used.

I added an on/off valve and 0-30 psi gauge in the air...

Reply #2
Maybe the bladder(s) have recently been replaced and you'll get lucky.  If not then you should try and ascertain if one is leaking air by using soap bubbles or something similar.  Other indicators of a leak would be the auxiliary pump running a...

Reply #3
Thanks for the information the coach we are going to look as is a 38', 2003, U320. I tried to post a link to a picture but I have to figure out how to do that. We are so excited.

Reply #4
Is this one at MOT?   Get someone who knows Foretravels to inspect it for you    Keith is very good if you can get him to do it.

I don't mean to imply they aren't reliable.    We've bought three coaches there. 

Reply #5
We are actually getting it from Premium Coach Group in Gilbert AZ

Reply #6

Reply #7
yes that's it.

Reply #8
Beautiful coach for sure

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Original inverter. just a matter of when.. nice coach..

Reply #10
Coach is as good as advertised we will be starting for home today. As for the only matter of time remark. One thing I've learned is with anything mechanical or electrical it's always just a matter of. That is even more true with a motor home than...

Reply #11
Coach is as good as advertised we will be starting for home today. As for the only matter of time remark. One thing I've learned is with anything mechanical or electrical it's always just a...

Reply #12
New bladder seals are thicker and squeal.

Reply #13
New bladder seals are thicker and squeal.

Is this common (squealing) for all new bladders?  When I was at HWH to get my slide bladder manifold replaced the most senior tech told that the bladder...

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
My new bedroom bladder will squeal sometimes when going in, or out. If I remember to squirt water on it before I bring it in, it won't make any noise.

Reply #15
yes that's it.
I think we have your twin. We got ours back in October. We love it. Welcome to the group.

btw, our slide has started squeaking too. I have not looked into it in depth yet but...

Reply #16

Keep the surfaces where the bladder makes contact clean.  When extending or retracting it should not squeal. If it does the bladder is dragging on the slide.  Worst case spray some...

Reply #17
FF,
In the pics. it sure looks nice.
Welcome to the group. Hope you have a great trip back to your home base. We need a debriefing on how the maiden voyage went.
Your learning curve will seem steep at times but we all have been looking up that...

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
Welcom, looks like we are triplets! What's your build number?

Reply #19

Keep the surfaces where the bladder makes contact clean.  When extending or retracting it should not squeal. If it does the...

Reply #20
I'm not so sure that the bladders are squeaking, as there is a 3/8" - 1/2" opening all the way around the slide on mine when the bladder is deflated.  What I hear squeaking sometimes is the rubber squeegee-like blade that is attached to the...

Reply #21
T-Man might be right. But for most coaches in this era if the sweep gasket has not been replaced it is probably falling apart. Mine came apart in pieces when I replaced it.  Gasket material is available at FOT, maybe at MOT as well.

Reply #22
Welcom, looks like we are triplets! What's your build number?
6206 is our build number so we close.

• Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 08:58:33 pm by wolfe10

Reply #23
Update on the maiden voyage so far, we have made it as far as Tucumcari NM. It's been a heck of a trip so far. High winds yesterday (gusts in the 50 mph range) today we hit snow not much and it wasn't sticking but still. I think the storm is...

Reply #24

Congratulations on a beautiful coach.
   Enjoy the trip and have safe travels.