Skip to main content

Topic: Entry door lock actuator replacement kit (Read 411 times) previous topic - next topic

Entry door lock actuator replacement kit
Attached is a photo of what the PTL engineering actuator replacement kit for the deadbolt on my '03 looks like.  The original actuator has been discontinued.  It comes with instructions, actuator, rod , and fasteners. 

PTL part #027-071
$89.46

I...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Entry door lock actuator replacement kit
Reply #1
I just ordered this one;

Amazon.com: Absolute DLA-310 Door Lock Actuator: Gateway

Additionally,  most other actuators won't  fit the entry door because they're either too cylindrical / thick or pistol shaped.  I'm happy to be just replacing the...

Reply #2
I just ordered this one;

Amazon.com: Absolute DLA-310 Door Lock Actuator: Gateway

Additionally,  most other actuators won't  fit the entry door because they're either too cylindrical / thick...

Reply #3
John, my actuator wasn't working either, it was a simple fix, I hope yours is also. The wires between the door and the jamb were broken where they make a 90 deg turn back up. I was able to open the splitloom there and found the problem thanks to...

Reply #4
John, my actuator wasn't working either, it was a simple fix, I hope yours is also. The wires between the door and the jamb were broken where they make a 90 deg turn back up. I was able to...

Reply #5
You're welcome John, hopefully it's the just rod that came off between the actuator and latch then. I did take the latch cover off first, and I believe you can see the actuator and rod from there without pulling the whole door panel off.

Rookie:)

Reply #6
I repaired one actuator on a compartment door by re-soldering the wires back on to the metal plug contacts.
The one in the entry door has a broken nylon gear that can't be mended.