Skip to main content

Topic: Bumpy Roads (Read 468 times) previous topic - next topic

Bumpy Roads
As our highway infrastructure continues to crumble, the rides become worse and worse.  What tactics do you folks use to soften the blows to keep from beating your MH to death?

Larry

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Bumpy Roads
Reply #1
S--L--O--W  D--O--W--N!!

Reply #2
OK, my wife has me driving at a maximum of 53 mph on 75 mph interstates - where you know most folks are traveling 80.

Reply #3
I feel your pain............. but the upside is that our FTs are tougher than we are.

Reply #4
And stay away from I-10 in Louisiana.

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
If you don't have the Koni FSD's gettum commin.

Reply #6
Stay out of California,  That is about 45 or 50 mph country.  Have a great day  ----  Fritz

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
I40 around Kingman is terrible.. just starting a topic on my closet mirror.. came off the track and cant get it back on.. GRRR

I move to the left lane and drive.. they can go around me. Right side with the truckers is to harsh.

Reply #8
If possible, get off the super slab and take the secondary roads.  If you are already running at 55 mph, shouldn't add too much extra time to your journey.  Besides, you might actually see some sights worth stopping for.  SMELL THE ROSES!

What...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #9
Made a BIG difference when we bought this coach,(which was a 'hard rider)' to weigh all four corners. Turned out  she had 20lbs all around MORE than needed!  On the crummy roads we all travel, tire  pressure AND  fresh shocks are mass  important! ^.^d

Reply #10
I-70 through Indiana has potholes the size of sofa cushions, old concrete roads hailing even when covered with blacktop, the slowest state we transversed last week driving from Denver to Ohio.
Don't know where the gas tax money is going to!

Reply #11
The last time I was in Texas coming back to Illinois Missouri was the worst. The roads were good but the trucks on interstate will run you over at 55mph. i finally gave up and got in the left land and ran 85mph. Glad I had Wayne at FT align and...

Reply #12
Iowa had a bill in the legislature this session to fine people $100 for driving slow in the passing (left) lane of a 4 lane.  I don't know if it passed but I hope it did and that it is enforced. 

Reply #13
You can get a ticket in Colorado if you run the left lane, signage read something about right lane unless you're passing. Never heard of anyone getting a ticket 🎫 but there's always a first time.

Reply #14
Please,  slow, stay right . It's the law and considerate.

But; to make a blanket statement like that is always wrong..:)
 There are roads where the right lane is virtually useless , making the left lane the traffic lane .  Jersey,  Parts of I90...

• Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 09:15:16 am by Protech Racing

Reply #15
Find a grain evevator in agusta you can scout out with your car, most have a scale open 24/7 with an outside display. Record  just the front axle weight and then the rear weight,  check for your tires weight/psi rating online. Adust your tire...

Reply #16
Living in so cal with concrete block freeways made me change the suspension and tires and shocks to improve the ride quality and noise.

Most other brand tires "H" rated tires are 6700 pounds at 120 for singles.

Michelin's seem to be the only brand...

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Hate to say it, but---PARK MODEL!!??

Reply #18
Wow I just realized, 5 foretravel s in a 10 mile radius maybe more, 1 more 40 miles down the road. time for a mini rally?