Skip to main content
Topic: 93 GV (Read 610 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 93 GV

Reply #1
Wow, that is some serious water damage on that wall and around the vent.
Brett Wolfe
EX: 1993 U240
Moderator, ForeForum 2001-
Moderator Diesel RV Club 2002-
Moderator, FMCA Forum 2009-2020
Chairman FMCA Technical Advisory Committee 2011-2020

Reply #2
Roof leaks with wood damage is evident. Even when viewing the photos on a tablet, the rust on the lug nuts indicates not only outside storage but possible undercarriage damage from road chemicals.

So, stored outside in a wet climate, possible corroision damage, visible interior damage. $12,500 is a wishing price. Only a close inspection can tell if it's worth restoring. Also, it does not look as if it's been driven in several years.

Pierce
Pierce and Gaylie Stewart
'93 U300/36 WTBI
Detroit 6V-92TA Jake
1140 watts on the roof
SBFD (ret)

Reply #3
I agree......looks like 'a project' . Tires are about ready for replacement, looks like roof air & stove are original, which means, to me, LOTSA other goodies are about at the end of the show, also.
1993 U-240 "La Villa Grande"..CAT 3116 w/ Pacbrake PRXB...Allison 3060 6-speed..
Previous: 1983 Airstream 310 turbo diesel, 1979 Airstream 280 turbo diesel
                                      Build # 4297
                                      PNW natives
                      Home base:  'Cactus Hug' (Ajo, Arizona)
                        DW Judy & Chet the wonder dog
                        Full-Timers 'Sailing the asphalt sea'

Reply #4
And, if they let that kind of stuff go, wonder about their maintenance level on the rest of the coach?
Brett Wolfe
EX: 1993 U240
Moderator, ForeForum 2001-
Moderator Diesel RV Club 2002-
Moderator, FMCA Forum 2009-2020
Chairman FMCA Technical Advisory Committee 2011-2020

Reply #5
Is that how the original table was in some of the GV's? My side isle shows a table where that one is in our floor plan. The table was pulled 2 owners ago.
92 Grand Villa
Silver 6v92
 side isle.
build# 3973

Reply #6
Is that how the original table was in some of the GV's? My side isle shows a table where that one is in our floor plan. The table was pulled 2 owners ago.
Our's has that table & chairs: WORTHLESS!!  If I still had my wood shop, I'd build a storage cabinet with a Corian counter and re-route the power to take a  convection oven/coffee maker. etc. The lag in doing that, is, if access is needed to the switches on the entry, or any repairs to the woodwork are needed, the back part (where the chairs and counter are) of the entry is THE ONLY WAY IN!
1993 U-240 "La Villa Grande"..CAT 3116 w/ Pacbrake PRXB...Allison 3060 6-speed..
Previous: 1983 Airstream 310 turbo diesel, 1979 Airstream 280 turbo diesel
                                      Build # 4297
                                      PNW natives
                      Home base:  'Cactus Hug' (Ajo, Arizona)
                        DW Judy & Chet the wonder dog
                        Full-Timers 'Sailing the asphalt sea'