Skip to main content

Topic: Air-Bag replacement options: (Read 481 times) previous topic - next topic

Air-Bag replacement options:
Wondering if anyone has recommendations on where I can get my air-bags replaced? Looking for someplace with experience in the West or Central states?  Thanks, in advance!

Chad and Judy Haring
98 U320

Re: Air-Bag replacement options:
Reply #1
FOT or MOT.  Texas is pretty "Central".

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Most any heavy truck suspension and alignment shop can easily handle the job.

Reply #3
Check Yelp, other services for truck shops with a good reputation close to you. Air bags are used on thousands of big rigs so done all the time and a very simple operation for any shop. Might save some time and money buying the bags ahead of...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #4
Thanks, to everyone who replied to my question regards replacing all 8 air-bags on my '98 U320. I did talk to a local heavy-truck maintenance firm, who "thinks" they could "probably" do the job, if I provide the parts. Not 100% reassuring,...

Reply #5
No, I chatted with James this morning.

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
 Looks like you are in Wickenburg so Cummings on I 10 exit99  at Rocky mountain Cummins can do them in Avondale.
JohnH

Reply #7
Like Pierce said Contitech makes a good product;
AS9448 by CONTITECH - CONTITECH AIR SPRING 64286/1R11-150/8563

You can purchase 8 of them for $626.69 with free shipping and the 15% online discount.  That's almost 1 coachbuck saved versus FOTs...

Reply #8
I agree with "Travelin - man"  Bought mine and installed them myself only took  8 man hours, But that's because I'm Old and worked slow. You need 8 supports to block the coach up, The first one is a learning experience and from that point on ...

Reply #9
https://www.truckspring.com/Search.aspx?keyword=W01-358-9448%09Firestone+Airide+Air+Spring+%7c+Reversible+Sleeve+%7c+1T15L-2
None of mine were leaking so I replaced the rear 4 since removing the the side panels was the easiest way to gain access....

Reply #10
I second the Conti's from find it parts. I ordered mine and it got here two days later and I installed them 2 days after that...less than 675 for 8 delivered. Took me probably 4-5 hrs for install and boom saved a ton of money. That was a week ago!