Skip to main content

Topic: Air-Bag replacement options: (Read 1044 times) previous topic - next topic

Air-Bag replacement options:
Wondering if anyone has recommendations on where I can get my air-bags replaced? Looking for someplace with experience in the West or Central states?  Thanks, in advance!

Chad and Judy Haring
98 U320

Re: Air-Bag replacement options:
Reply #1
FOT or MOT.  Texas is pretty "Central".

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Most any heavy truck suspension and alignment shop can easily handle the job.

Reply #3
Check Yelp, other services for truck shops with a good reputation close to you. Air bags are used on thousands of big rigs so done all the time and a very simple operation for any shop. Might save some time and money buying the bags ahead of...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #4
Thanks, to everyone who replied to my question regards replacing all 8 air-bags on my '98 U320. I did talk to a local heavy-truck maintenance firm, who "thinks" they could "probably" do the job, if I provide the parts. Not 100% reassuring,...

Reply #5
No, I chatted with James this morning.

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
 Looks like you are in Wickenburg so Cummings on I 10 exit99  at Rocky mountain Cummins can do them in Avondale.
JohnH

Reply #7
Like Pierce said Contitech makes a good product;
AS9448 by CONTITECH - CONTITECH AIR SPRING 64286/1R11-150/8563

You can purchase 8 of them for $626.69 with free shipping and the 15% online discount.  That's almost 1 coachbuck saved versus FOTs...

Reply #8
I agree with "Travelin - man"  Bought mine and installed them myself only took  8 man hours, But that's because I'm Old and worked slow. You need 8 supports to block the coach up, The first one is a learning experience and from that point on ...

Reply #9
https://www.truckspring.com/Search.aspx?keyword=W01-358-9448%09Firestone+Airide+Air+Spring+%7c+Reversible+Sleeve+%7c+1T15L-2
None of mine were leaking so I replaced the rear 4 since removing the the side panels was the easiest way to gain access....

Reply #10
I second the Conti's from find it parts. I ordered mine and it got here two days later and I installed them 2 days after that...less than 675 for 8 delivered. Took me probably 4-5 hrs for install and boom saved a ton of money. That was a week ago!

Reply #11
I replaced all airbags pretty easily just by removing tires.  No need to take off fenders.  I also replaced the stupid lock nut they used on the large stud that the air goes through with a regular nut.

Reply #12
Cummins Coach Care facilities can do the job.   They are setup to work on coaches.        
10% discount on parts & labor with Cummins Power Club membership- your first visit pays the dues- $19 I think. 

• kb0zke
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
Beau Reece and his partner did ours. Each took a side. Seven of the eight bags were no problem for them. The eighth one, though, fought valiantly every step of the way. The ended up cutting the old bag to pieces to get it out. The new one went in...

Reply #14
Chad & Judy. You may have gotten James Holder. mixed up with James Triana. James Holder left Tennessee RV when Lazy Days bought them out.

Reply #15
I replaced all airbags pretty easily just by removing tires.  No need to take off fenders.  I also replaced the stupid lock nut they used on the large stud that the air goes through with a regular...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
Started bag removal and replacement.. IMPOSSIBLE JOB!! Holy smokes.. MOT deal at $1600.00.. Id be happy to pay it.. WOw.. Worse job  ever on this coach so far

started around 8am .. left at 1pm and they had the 2nd one on.. finished with 4 total so...

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
You can do it,thought you were going to say you drank a six pack.

Reply #18
On front bags air supply is positioned to protect it front damage if front tire blows and shreds. Put it back the way you found it please.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
On front bags air supply is positioned to protect it front damage if front tire blows and shreds. Put it back the way you found it please.
Funny thing... never said that. No worries.. made it...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
Now that I think about it.. the passenger bag at door...

Reply #21
Started bag removal and replacement.. IMPOSSIBLE JOB!! Holy smokes.. MOT deal at $1600.00.. Id be happy to pay it.. WOw.. Worse job  ever on this coach so far

started around 8am .. left at 1pm and...

Reply #22

You're doing it wrong, lol.

With the...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
I had a few things going yesterday. Started early.. 630am.. My guy was late so a late start.. no big deal but the wrestling match went from there... We have it figured out now... Old dog is slow to learn if ever.. We finally have a system down.....

Reply #24
Found the Magic tool page after I left at 1pm.. that magic tool should make quicker work of the fittings..

Always interested in magical tools.  What is it or website link?