Skip to main content

Topic: 1991 GV for sale in fort Myers Florida (Read 344 times) previous topic - next topic

1991 GV for sale in fort Myers Florida
Not mine but for the price...Yes someone started to up grade and stopped but for the price of 5800.00...https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/393875374774184/

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: 1991 GV for sale in fort Myers Florida
Reply #1
Gas rig. Needs quite a bit of interior work.

Reply #2
If it IS a Chev 454, the exhaust manifold is waiting for a problem, which means Banks $$$. Airstream used them, too, they were called "BBQ Specials" in that you could put a steak on the manifold, and, after a couple of miles, 'Dinner's ready'.  :giggle:

Reply #3
If it IS a Chev 454, the exhaust manifold is waiting for a problem, which means Banks $$$.
I am not sure what you are saying-we have a 86 454 in our Rockwood and it has the factory stainless...

Reply #4
Many of the OE fitment in the coaches used the stock GM manifolds .  They crack easily/eventually , and often were replaced with the  Banks headers. 
 Any coach over about 18000# will work the Rat pretty hard. The GV should be about 18+- IMHO.

Reply #5
Yes they went through many manifolds changes but when they came up with the welded stainless steel/tubing/flange manifold it was really rock solid. There is a service alert were they say to cut the flange between every port and slather it with...

Reply #6
If it IS a Chev 454, the exhaust manifold is waiting for a problem, which means Banks $$$. Airstream used them, too, they were called "BBQ Specials" in that you could put a steak on the...

Reply #7
I have heard this quote before about Big Block Chevy 454... Mike.  We have a 33 Tag.. Gas Engine... have taken 3 cross country trips... 1300 miles,  900 miles and Boulder to Fredericksburg TX...

Reply #8
So, from a few of you 454 boys, we figure it was a piece of junk (except in 1/2 ton pickups and bad fast Chevs) up to '95 or so, when Chev figured it out. Good to know.
I am a Mopar fan, had...