Skip to main content

Topic: Camco RhinoFlex sewer hose now has glued ends (Read 516 times) previous topic - next topic

Camco RhinoFlex sewer hose now has glued ends
Our current sewer hose favorite has been Camco RhinoFlex.

It stays collapsed, has durable material, and hose-ends had removable twist-locks.

Today, to my surprise I learned that Camco made an executive decision to abandon the removable ends in...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Camco RhinoFlex sewer hose now has glued ends
Reply #1
Probably because it was such a pain to put a new end on the hose.
Years ago, during our first trip to FOT we stopped at a Camping World and bought a "stinky" hose spreader for about $7.
Worked absolutely great (if you soaked the hose end  and...

Reply #2
Nite hawk, been there, done that. Believe the last time was yesterday. (And it keeps getting worse)

Reply #3
A buddy mentioned that the memory loss when walking into a new space as to why am I here is a survival trait.  Makes you look around. 

• kenhat
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
I just bought a new Camco RhinoFlex a couple of weeks ago. It had the glued on ends. Was not happy. :(

see ya
ken

• ltg
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
The Amazon website has a Camco Rhinoflex P/N39742 20ft sewer hose kit. The product description says that the hose features Reusable locking rings so that fittings can be moved to a new RhinoFLEX hose if needed. Maybe Camco is making two products....

Reply #6
Larry, that is the Amazon part we ordered with removable ends. What came two days later is the new style with permanent ends, which we will keep. The 20' is two 10' with a clear elbow.

Reply #7
Mine has permanent ends, fine by me. Rather that than have the ends pop off. And we all know just when that would happen.

Reply #8
I just bought a new Camco RhinoFlex a couple of weeks ago. It had the glued on ends. Was not happy. :(

I just bought 5 of them from the local Walfart...all were marked down to $5 each. I may use...

Reply #9
Mine has permanent ends, fine by me. Rather that than have the ends pop off. And we all know just when that would happen.
On baptism day, and the right of passage. So to speak.

Reply #10
The glued ends are annoying, but not a show stopper.  The two pieces of the end can be unsnapped with a screwdriver to expose the hose glued to the end piece.  I was able to work it off with the screwdriver and no heat.  With just a little...