Skip to main content
Topic: Camco RhinoFlex sewer hose now has glued ends (Read 907 times) previous topic - next topic

Camco RhinoFlex sewer hose now has glued ends

Our current sewer hose favorite has been Camco RhinoFlex.

It stays collapsed, has durable material, and hose-ends had removable twist-locks.

Today, to my surprise I learned that Camco made an executive decision to abandon the removable ends in favor of glued-on ends.

Our new Amazon Camco RhinoFlex P/N 39741 with two 10' hoses and a clear elbow ($34) came with glued on ends. 

The new design will work for us and if we need to make a shorter hose, we can add the old-style removable end.

Re: Camco RhinoFlex sewer hose now has glued ends

Reply #1
Probably because it was such a pain to put a new end on the hose.
Years ago, during our first trip to FOT we stopped at a Camping World and bought a "stinky" hose spreader for about $7.
Worked absolutely great (if you soaked the hose end  and spreader in boiling water first. Stick the spreader in the hose and spread the handles. Quickly insert the hose end in the hose.
Lost the spreader around three years later. Tried to buy another on but no luck. Cussed the idiot that didn't return the spreader.
Last fall while emptying the dump compartment on the coach I reached way back behind the dump valves and guess what? Found what the "idiot" (no names please) had put back there so it would be handy if anyone needed it.

ANOTHER SENIOR MOMENT (I THINK, 'CAUSE I CAN'T REMEMBER)

(AND TO MAKE THINGS EVEN WORSE I PUT IT BACK THERE AGAIN SO I WOULD KNOW WHERE IT WAS!!! yah, sure!!!)
Nitehawk,  Demolition Lady, & our NEW master, Zippy the speeding BB cat.
1989 Grand Villa 36' ORED
Oshkosh chassis, 8.2 DD V8
2006 Saturn Vue AWD

Reply #2
Nite hawk, been there, done that. Believe the last time was yesterday. (And it keeps getting worse)
No RV! Have hung up the keys.
In the past: 2016 Winnebago Era, 1994 Foretravel U240, 1995 Foretravel U240 (wide body), 1999 Foretravel 320, 36 Foot, 2003 Foretravel U320 38 foot,

Reply #3
A buddy mentioned that the memory loss when walking into a new space as to why am I here is a survival trait.  Makes you look around. 
"Riding and rejoicing"
Bob & Susan
1997 U320 40' Mid entry, build 5132,  wtbi ce27, 4th owner
2007 Solara convertible
2 prodeco tech outlaw ss electric bikes

1095 watts solar
08 Ls 460 and a sc430
2000 Ford F-250 superduty 4x4

Reply #4
I just bought a new Camco RhinoFlex a couple of weeks ago. It had the glued on ends. Was not happy. :(

see ya
ken
The selected media item is not currently available.ken & dori hathaway & Big Agnes
🍺1992 U300 GrandVilla WTBI #4150 FOT FBP 2011
✨6V-92TA DDEC Parlor Coach 350HP Series 92
🏁2011 Nissan XTerra Pro-4X

Reply #5
The Amazon website has a Camco Rhinoflex P/N39742 20ft sewer hose kit. The product description says that the hose features Reusable locking rings so that fittings can be moved to a new RhinoFLEX hose if needed. Maybe Camco is making two products. One with glued fittings and one with removeable fittings.
Larry and Terry
Ex 2004 U270 36'

Reply #6
Larry, that is the Amazon part we ordered with removable ends. What came two days later is the new style with permanent ends, which we will keep. The 20' is two 10' with a clear elbow.

Reply #7
Mine has permanent ends, fine by me. Rather that than have the ends pop off. And we all know just when that would happen.
Tom Lang K6PG (originally  KC6UEC)
and Diane Lang
2003 38 U295 build 6209
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Ecodiesel
still have tow-ready 2006 Acura MDX 
Temple City, California
Motorcade 16681 California Chapter President
SKP 16663 member of SKP Park of the Sierra, Coarsegold California
FMCA F071251
Retired electrical and electronic engineer

Reply #8
I just bought a new Camco RhinoFlex a couple of weeks ago. It had the glued on ends. Was not happy. :(

I just bought 5 of them from the local Walfart...all were marked down to $5 each. I may use them for bilge blower hose in my boat lol
1998 U270 34'

Reply #9
Mine has permanent ends, fine by me. Rather that than have the ends pop off. And we all know just when that would happen.
On baptism day, and the right of passage. So to speak.
Old Phart Phred, EIEIO
89 GV ored 36' #3405 300 hp cat 3208 ATAAC side radiator, mountain tamer exhaust brake

Reply #10
The glued ends are annoying, but not a show stopper.  The two pieces of the end can be unsnapped with a screwdriver to expose the hose glued to the end piece.  I was able to work it off with the screwdriver and no heat.  With just a little trimming, I was able to fit it to a new Thetford fitting with a hose clamp so it would clip on to the motorhome on one end and have standard fitting everywhere else.
Rick and Donna
1997 U320 4000 WTBI Build 5152 "Molesley"