Skip to main content
Topic: EverPure water filter (Read 769 times) previous topic - next topic

EverPure water filter

I was just curious as to how many members use their EverPure sink water filter. With the popularity of bottled water these days the DW prefers to use the 1 gallon jugs over the filtered water. IMO the filtered water is fine for cooking purposes, tea, coffee ect. The small bottles are a better choice for carrying with you for drinking. Agreed.............

Anyone else prefer to use their EverPure kitchen sink filter?

Justin & Cathy Byrd
1995 U280 "Old Faithful"
36' Build #4673
C8.3 Cummins
Allison MD3060R 6 speed - retarder
Powertech 10KW  4cyl Kubota

Re: EverPure water filter

Reply #1
We use Everpure exclusively for drinking and cooking, refilling the small bottles for drinking.  The Everpure filter does a good job of removing the chlorine taste from city water.

Reply #2
We have a 5 gal jug of water under the sink with a separate little pump to feed that spigot and the ice maker.  I like the clear ice cubes.    We carry a couple of spares in the basement.  We also carry a few gallon jugs of water for coffee etc.  I don't trust what's in the tank. 
Rick & Rhonda
2003 U320 4220  Build #6199
Was
91 36' GV 300 Caterpillar, 92 40' U280 300 Cummins, 97 36' U295 300 Cummins, 2002
U320 450 Cummins
(Guess we're hooked)

The selected media item is not currently available.

Reply #3
X2 on what Travelin Man said .
Bruce, Linda, and Macy
Zoey RIP 1/20/19
1999 U295 40' build #5400
2017 silver Jeep Wrangler, 1260 watts of solar on top
Moving around the country

Reply #6

It is a set on the counter gravity water filter. You just fill the top chamber with water and filtered water is held in the bottom chamber. It will filter out things like Cryptosporidiosis and Giardia (water born pathogens).  There are several knockoff but Berkey is the name that most use as a generic name.  The filer elements are comprised of activated charcoal and diatomaceous earth that has been compressed into a block form . The Everpure uses powdered charcoal and paper.

Yes when you look them up you will get sticker shock but well worth every $.01.  Some of the knockoffs are just as good as they use the same filter units.  Zen is another brand that is top notch and we use there filers at home.

Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Reply #7
We use the Everpure and tank water all of the time.  Most all of the bottled water is just filtered water.  BTW if you like to refill the cheapo plastic water bottles I buy Gold Peak Green Tea and refill these since they are much thicker and last longer than the water bottles.
Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
no longer 1999 36' U320 build #5522
2013 Rzr 570 & 2018 Ranger XP1000
2006 Lexus GX470
2011 Tahoe LT 4x4
Previous 1998 45' 2 slide Newell, 1993 39' Newell

Reply #8
Take care of your water system, use filters on the incoming water, we use three plus a water softener.  By the time it comes out of the drinking water faucet it has been through 5 devices. 1 to 2 tbsp of bleach per fill. We have never had an issue with our own water.  We refill our own water bottles.  Almost never buy water in plastic bottles.  If you have to buy plastic bottles please recycle every one.

Reply #10
I took out the everpure and put an RO system under the sink as soon we got the coach home. We have a Bekey for boondocking. There are two filters on the fresh tank fill path. We never buy bottled water, though we have a 3 gallon bottle that we fill if near a known good spring water source.
Don
The selected media item is not currently available.
Don & Tys
1999 U270 3602 WTFE #5402
Xtreme Stage 1 w/Headlight, Step Conversion, etc.
2009 Honda Fit Sport with Navi
Freedom is NOT "just another word for nothing left to lose"... with apologies to Kris Kristofferson

Reply #11
For the last 20 years, we filter city water to fill our 100-gal fresh water tank once a week, then disconnect city water hose. While filling we add an ounce of unscented bleach for about every 50 gal we are adding.

We drink and cook this water flowing through our Everpure under sink water filter.

Reply #12
I'm with Barry and Cindy plus we use a water softener and pre filter if we'll be more than one day someplace.
Richard & Betty Bark & Keiko our Golden Doodle
2003 U320T 3820 PBDS
Build # 6215
MC # 16926
2016 Chevrolet Colorado 4X4 diesel

Reply #13
Full time over 11 years- filter water coming into tank and soften.  Then use Everpure for all drinking/cooking water.  They system works well- more $$ for diesel fuel.              ^.^d
Ted & Karen
2001 U270 36' - sold after 12 years full timing

Reply #14
We filter incoming shore water and use the Everpure as well for filling water cups and teapot. 

The Everpure also sends pre-filtered water to the residential fridge icemaker/water. The fridge also has a water filter. So if we fill water cup from the fridge it is filtered 3 times.
Dan - Full timing since 2009
2003 U320 40' Tag 2 slide

Reply #15
I think I have commented previously on this issue. Obviously, you folks have discovered why they make both chocolate and vanilla ice cream.
No RV! Have hung up the keys.
In the past: 2016 Winnebago Era, 1994 Foretravel U240, 1995 Foretravel U240 (wide body), 1999 Foretravel 320, 36 Foot, 2003 Foretravel U320 38 foot,

Reply #16
Not for the faint of wallet but after buying their excellent tasting(healthy) water by the gallon for 7 years we finally stepped up and installed the undercounter system in our home.

LivePristine™ by Design - Tools for Total Wellness

Same time as a full kitchen remodel.  Runs to refer also.

For our  non full timing coach we have 8 glass gallon jugs.  No plastic.

Did I mention the taste. Addictive

While we were doing this we added an insinkerstor undercounter boiler and run the hydro machines water into it then to the hot side of this.

Indulge Contemporary Hot/Cool Faucet (FHC1100)|InSinkErator|Emerson

Hydro water goes direct to the cold tap and the refer through the slab.

Their portable unit would do a coach pretty well

"Riding and rejoicing"
Bob & Susan
1997 U320 40' Mid entry, build 5132,  wtbi ce27, 4th owner
2007 Solara convertible
2 prodeco tech outlaw ss electric bikes

1095 watts solar
08 Ls 460 and a sc430
2000 Ford F-250 superduty 4x4

Reply #18
Thanks for all the replies............... my problem is I like vanilla ice cream and chocolate milk shakes ( Horace B )  ;D
I think I'll use the EverPure and the DW can have her bottled water.  Happy wife happy life right?  ::)

Justin & Cathy Byrd
1995 U280 "Old Faithful"
36' Build #4673
C8.3 Cummins
Allison MD3060R 6 speed - retarder
Powertech 10KW  4cyl Kubota

Reply #19
Truer words were never spoken ^.^d
Larry Warren
1996  U320 36' SBID "Lola"
Build #4970