Skip to main content

Topic: Wet floor bedroom slide area - raining (Read 955 times) previous topic - next topic

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Wet floor bedroom slide area - raining
Raining pretty good here just east of Memphis TN.  Our bedroom slide is a standup desk with a window - bed is north south.

Slide bladder is good, holding air, replaced 1.5 years ago.

Floor is very wet on the side of the bed by the bedroom slide-...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Wet floor bedroom slide area - raining
Reply #1
Tim Fiedler
Gen-Pro.biz
630 240-9139

Reply #2
Dan,  your rig is the same year as ours and I have never seen what your describing as pin lock holes on either one of our slides.  I discovered after driving ours in the rain that the bedroom slide leaked and after removing the slide trim I was...

Reply #3
Dan, has it stopped raining?  What's happening with your leak? Hope everything's good.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Same was happening to me as T-Man.. Caulked all the gap around the slide.. thought the bladder needed more pressure but after thinking about it and really looking it over I had a 1/16" to 1/8" gap so now its filled and rained today.. will check...

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
I pulled the inside slide surround yesterday.  Looking from inside outwards, with slide retracted I can only see the top, left side, and 1/2 of right side (bed is in the way to see the rest).  The seal looks good with the slide in. No air gaps....

• rbark
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Dan, be careful of putting too much air pressure to the slide bladders!. I believe 15 lbs is the correct amount.

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Too much air will do one of two things or possibly both..

1) crush the fiberglass around the slide
2) pop the bladder

Reply #8
The slot plastic protector causes a air gap at that point.

You can remove the plastic protector, bevel the edges to get rid of the air gaps
and reinstall.

Reply #9
Tilt coach slightly so top of offending slide will drain positively away from coach. If that is source might slow the leak.
I had debris get caught on top between bladder and slide which caused just enough of a bridged gap to let I water.
Hope...

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Tilt coach slightly so top of offending slide will drain positively away from coach. If that is source might slow the leak.
I had debris get caught on top between bladder and slide which...

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Time for a update. We have been traveling a good bit, and had some bad weather so it took me a while to get back to this.

I believe I have solved water intrusion to the bedroom floor next to the slide, and I tested with a water hose today.

I...

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
T-Man and David were correct about causation, but I had a hard time visualizing what I was looking for. I kept looking inside the coach around the bladder, instead of examining  the outside wall around the slide opening.

Reply #13
I had to put a second set of grabbers. They are stainless metal plates in the middle of my slides when I had my coach. The enter of the slide saved a bit an these,were made at hwh and installed there. Stopped the issue of water intrusion. It is...

Reply #14
T-Man and David were correct about causation, but I had a hard time visualizing what I was looking for. I kept looking inside the coach around the bladder, instead of examining  the outside wall...

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #15
Is this what you were talking about? I inspected ours today because of this post. This is a picture of the bottom curve around our living room slide. The black is the bladder and as you can see...

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
I have sealed both living room slide and bedroom slide outer fiberglass layer, top to bottom.  If the slide bladders are replaced in the future, this will have to be sealed again.

As part of any bladder replacement this area should be sealed.

I...

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Is this what you were talking about? I inspected ours today because of this post. This is a picture of the bottom curve around our living room slide. The black is the bladder and as you can see...

Reply #18
What are y'all using for sealant?

Reply #19
I have a similar problem with wet floor toward the front of the slide in front of the couch.  There are two possible places for intrusion:  1- the slide window needs some clear caulking along the bottom and 2- I have a small delamination problem...

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
What are y'all using for sealant?
I think you made the better choice with "black polyurethane sealer".  Due to time, location, and weather I did the easy way out with clear silicone seal.  I...

Reply #21

Reply #22

Reply #23
3M 4200 fast cure will stick and seal very well, is UV resistant, is tough but when it comes time to remove it it can be removed.  Not easily but with some work it comes off.  The 3M 5000 is much tougher and nearly impossible to get off.  It...

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
My concern would be to not use some solution (seal) that hardens so much that it creates a whole new issue when slide bladders need to be replaced in the future.

Heating and cooling, and slide coming in and out seems to call for some flexibility...