Skip to main content
Topic: Rudy Tribute (Read 1285 times) previous topic - next topic

Rudy Tribute

I have been in the construction trades all my adult life. It is very rare to have a skilled tradesman offer you his expertise, free of charge, especially in a highly technical area. Maybe if he is retired....maybe. On at least three different occasions, I had posted problems with my Aqua Hot, which was usually followed by a note from Rudy to " call me." He has then spent however much time necessary to walk me thru a diagnosis, and, perhaps a roadside repair. Well, I FINALLY got to meet him, in person, this week. I got invited to accompany him on a service call, just to " watch and learn ", and even got to help repair Roger & Susan in home2's unit. I was able, with his guidance, to find out what was wrong with my unit, and he got the part for me to repair the AH.....runs great now. I want to formally acknowledge what a gift we have in Rudy being a member of this forum, and so willing to help those of us in need. As he said to me, when we left Houston today....maybe I can help someone, down the road. And if we need to.....all we have to do is " call me". What a gift !!! Thank you, again, Rudy....I will remember these past few days, kindly.
Glenn and Amy Beinfest
2001 36' U320
2014 Honda CRV

No Whining on the YACHT

Re: Rudy Tribute

Reply #1
Here, Here! Well said.
Jerry & Nona and Kimeru the cat that thinks she's a dog
1998 36' WTFE U320  #5314 Motorcade #17711
USAF 1975-1995
2019 Subaru Crosstrek 'toad'
2003 Subaru Legacy touring car
jerry Fincher | Flickr

Reply #2
Rudy is great and a great guy as well.
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on Ford 550 nonslide version
Former Coaches  covering. 360,000 miles
1999 34 U270
2000 36 U320
2001 42' double slide U320
2018 Jeep Rubicon

Reply #3
I've also had the pleasure of Rudy's company as he helped me with a couple issues (non-Aqua Hot) on my coach a few years ago in Baytown.  Fine fellow!

Chris
1996 U295 36' WTBI

Reply #4
Thanks for the very kind comments, much appreciated.
Rudy Legett
2003 U320 4010 ISM 450 hp
2001 U320 4220 ISM 450 hp
1995 U320 M11 400 hp
1990 Granvilla 300 hp 3208T
Aqua Hot Service Houston and Southeast Texas

Reply #5
He has always helped me .. Even when I never asked he volunteered.. Great guy in my book  ^.^d

Reply #6
I live about 20 minutes from Rudy and have the opportunity to visit with him often. Have even made a couple of service calls with him. He has definitely taught me a couple of things!!!
The selected media item is not currently available.Keith & Jo
2003 U320T 4025 PBBS Designer series
Build 6203    Cummins 500hp
2000 U320 4010 WTFE / Build 5762 —Sold—
Motorcade #18070   
Pasadena, Texas
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara-Sunset Orange pearl coat
Don't argue with a fool, people watching might not be able to tell the difference.

Reply #7
So glad to read he is still alive! The word tribute made me think otherwise until I read the first post. Rudy contacted me when we first started looking for a coach and gave us numerous pointers over the course of a few phone calls.
Thanks Rudy for sharing your knowledge.
David & Emma Roche
Dino (Golden Doodle)
1999 U270 WTFE 36' Build # 5534
Xtreme "Lights, Stripes & Roof"
Motorcade# 18321
Dayton, Ohio
Towd: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Two Townie Electra Bikes

Life is made to enjoy, the Foretravel helps!

Reply #8
I haven't yet met Rudy, but I have spoken with him on the phone as well as received help from him here. The world definitely needs more people like him. He's a real blessing!
David and Carolyn Osborn
1995 U320C SE 40' Build 4726 Feb 1995
FMCA 147762
Motorcade 17186

Reply #9
So glad to read he is still alive! The word tribute made me think otherwise until I read the first post. Rudy contacted me when we first started looking for a coach and gave us numerous pointers over the course of a few phone calls.
Thanks Rudy for sharing your knowledge.

Gosh! I thought the same thing, for a minute!  Rudy is definitely a treasure and those of us who needed attention for our Aquahot are ever grateful that he is there to call on. Worth every $$$ when you need his expertise BECAUSE you get a complete tutorial and extraneous knowledge while he is working on your unit. Jeff and I had the rare luxury of enjoying a dinner out with Rudy and his wife a few years ago. Lovely, lovely people!
Carol & Jeff Savournin
Usta have a '93 U225 36', Usta have a '95 U320 40', Usta have a '02 U320 40'
Usta have a 2006 Born Free, Usta have a 2011 Phoenix Cruiser
Usta have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4dr
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."  Steve Jobs

Reply #10
I met Rudy many years ago in Nac.  And while I don't have Aqua Hot he offered some very good ideas and suggestions.
Rudy is a great guy,and like many Foretravel owners is always willing to help.  Just one more reason to own a Foretravel.
Jerry & Nanci
1999 U270 34'WTFI
2011 Malibu
A smart man knows what to say, a wise man knows when to say it.

Reply #11
Sorry if "Tribute" was the wrong term. Didn't want to send the wrong message. My mom wanted to hear her eulogy from me BEFORE she died.....She wanted to hear the good things said, first hand.
Rudy is fine and hard at work, on his way to an RV rally. Was looking goid when I left him. No worries!!!
Glenn and Amy Beinfest
2001 36' U320
2014 Honda CRV

No Whining on the YACHT

Reply #12
I can say nothing new that hasn't been said about Rudy. He has given me his time and expertise on several occasions and I am in his debt for that. I hope to meet him some day. A true gentleman and scholar.

Larry
Larry Warren
1996  U320 36' SBID "Lola"
Build #4970
Motorcade #18318

Reply #13
I can definitely say Rudy is still with us, had dinner with gleamb, roger and Rudy Saturday nite at our bricks and sticks along with their better halves and Sunday nite with Rudy and Roger and spouses...... I was the youngster...  😂.  good times
The selected media item is not currently available.Keith & Jo
2003 U320T 4025 PBBS Designer series
Build 6203    Cummins 500hp
2000 U320 4010 WTFE / Build 5762 —Sold—
Motorcade #18070   
Pasadena, Texas
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara-Sunset Orange pearl coat
Don't argue with a fool, people watching might not be able to tell the difference.

Reply #14
 Wasn't that the name of a tv show.............."Everybody loves Rudy"?

Reply #15
Rudy has been a lifesaver for me also.  Thank you Rudy!
John M
John & Carm Morales

"We travel not to go anywhere, but to just go.  We travel for travel's sake.  Our great desire is to move."

Reply #16
There's a movie called Rudy!!!!!!!
96 U270 BUILD 4810
85 380SL
Drummonds TN.

Reply #17
"Rumors of my demise have been greatly overstated."

LOL Rudy, does all this glory make you a bit uncomfortable??  Keep up the good work, buddy.

chris
1996 U295 36' WTBI

Reply #18
Rudy was so generous to me with his time and helped me understand the AquaHot system. Many thanks to Rudy.
2000, U320 36' with Cummins 450, Toad - 2016 Ford CMax Energi
Previous MHs; 1970 Winnebago, 1973 FMC 2900R, much later a heavily modified 1975 FMC 2900R.

Reply #19
I wasn't going to chime in but Rudy has been a lifesaver several times.  Have yet to meet him face to face but I look forward to that.
Rick & Rhonda
2003 U320 4220  Build #6199
Was
91 36' GV 300 Caterpillar, 92 40' U280 300 Cummins, 97 36' U295 300 Cummins, 2002
U320 450 Cummins
(Guess we're hooked)

The selected media item is not currently available.

Reply #20
I, too, would like to chime in. I met Rudy at a a SOB rally (was it Marathon?) at Gulf Shores, AL. He was a guest speaker and we just happened to be visiting that resort. He invited us to his presentation. I was not having Aqua-Hot troubles at that time. We just socialized and I enjoyed his presentation. He is a delightful person. What he has done here is nothing but heroic.
No RV! Have hung up the keys.
In the past: 2016 Winnebago Era, 1994 Foretravel U240, 1995 Foretravel U240 (wide body), 1999 Foretravel 320, 36 Foot, 2003 Foretravel U320 38 foot,

Reply #21
Rudy sounds like such a peach of a guy I can't wait to meet him and I don't even have a AquaHot
Greg & Sandy
2001 U270
Build # 5803
Eagle, Idaho

Reply #22
I, also have been a  Beneficiary of Rudy's skill and knowledge... I called him from Canada, with Aquahot problems... There are no words to describe the kindness this man displays. We are truly blessed to have him among us ....
Thank You Rudy, you are very much appreciated.
Safe Travels,
Dave
2001 U320 40ft
Build #5867
2003 Tracker
VE7DOD

Reply #23
I finally got my face to face meeting with the distinguished, respected and beloved Rudy. What a class act. Last night he finished servicing my AH but dark had descended and he completed it with a flashlight. As our AH guru, I don't think he would have needed any light for himself but he was "training" a Newell owner. The light was really necessary only for the trainee and my educational benefit. Great teacher and mentor with unparalleled expertise. My service was done after several phone consults and rescheduled service appointments. Very patient man. Actually, he will do an Aqua Hot seminar tomorrow for the "Newell non-rally" here in Foley at Bella Terra. At his invitation, I plan to attend. Rudy has a loyal group of friends in the Foretravel and Newell owners group but beyond that in other SOB Motorhome owners. I now understand better the widespread justification for his sterling AH reputation and the tremendous respect for his personal integrity. Someone earlier said it best.... a treasure.
alpapadoc

Reply #24
Besides all that, he is just a great guy!  Knows a lot about our coaches beyond AH.
Current coach 1996 U320 40'
Previous coach, 1990 36' U280