Skip to main content

Topic: Six months and $20,651.37 in -- and happy about it! (Read 794 times) previous topic - next topic

Six months and $20,651.37 in -- and happy about it!
Several people have asked what it costs to buy a Foretravel.  The answer is always "it depends" or "it varies".  I think our previous owner paid about $1500/month in depreciation, maintenance, and upgrades over 2-3 years.  I've seen detailed...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Six months and $20,651.37 in -- and happy about it!
Reply #1
Worth way more than the 32k

Reply #2
Worth way more than the 32k

Double that retail price. Throw the book away

Reply #3
Slides are an unnecessary pain for those that puT lots of miles on their rv. I'm glad I don't have any slides.

Reply #4
My biggest objection is the flipped floor plan.  Dinette on the street side.  Versus under awning. 

Reply #5
Every forum post I read makes me love my simple, fast and high MPG beautiful ORED even more. Still lots of jingle in the pockets for additional robust upgrades, farkles, solar and road trips. Still under budget considerably, happy with coach....

Reply #6
Rick, we bought our Foretravel 20 years ago and we know every inch and have made hundreds of mods. Not long ago we decided to do an Xtreme full body paint and since Xtreme removes everything, we bought new items to replace with. Rance did many...

Reply #7
Paid 39K 2 1/2 years ago, have 60K+ all in, and I did all the work of 100's of hours.But we have a new engine included.
Everything is done like new and upgraded. Many extra's.
Taken two 4 month winters south, among other assorted trips.

Reply #8
Sounds about right on $

Reply #9
For us its simple....no matter what you paid for your FT....and no matter how much you invested after purchase....you have something that will last longer, provide more user satisfaction and still give at least as good a resale to investment...

Reply #10
For us its simple....no matter what you paid for your FT....and no matter how much you invested after purchase....you have something that will last longer, provide more user satisfaction and...

Reply #11
I got my 97 U270 about 18 months ago for a good price and put $12k into it for critical repairs, tires and such.  Still have some little things but still well worth it.

I did not want any slides and as few as possible computer stuff   ^.^d

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
I've always done a lot to my coaches and house boat..... that's another unit that has no end unless you just stop on your on. Call me foolish but while I keep the receipts I never total them up because I don't want to spoil my fun. It's just...

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
If I were building to resell for a profit I would keep a tally but to me this is fun, not business.Chris.. be sure to tell your wife to let no broke young pretty boy drug store cowboy drive your bus.. Houston is full of them.

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
while I keep the receipts I never total them up

This is some good advice. NEVER figure what you spend on these babies. At least in my case!
jor

Reply #15
Love reading these posts. I am with others when it comes to NADA value since you will never find one for the value they show unless it was not taken care of.  My 1991 GV has only 81,000 miles on the engine but I knew I would have to invest more...