Skip to main content

Topic: HWH Control Box replacement options?? (Read 309 times) previous topic - next topic

HWH Control Box replacement options??
Preamble: 1993 Grandvilla - stored for two weeks, up on blocks ( have an air leak somewhere and did not want settling and torquing). House batteries were disconnected while we were away in England.
Start up today - rear bags inflated and lifted -...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: HWH Control Box replacement options??
Reply #1
Why not contact HWH directly? They recently milled a new 6 pack manifold for my '93 U300.

Reply #2
I have a 96 U270 that the HWH box died 4 years ago.  I have been working around its deficiencies and problems since then.  My Travel light does not shine, but the Travel mode works going down the road.  When parked the system does whatever it...

Reply #3
I would call HWH and see if they can repair it.  They did my '99 back in December for $75.00

Reply #4
So... the saga continues. I sent both the Control Box and the Touch Pad to HWH, and they were terrific, with a three day turnaround. seems like they replaced a relay and a switch, and put on a new cover on the Touch Pad.
After installing it today...

Reply #5
A quick and easy way to see if a solenoid is energized is to hold a screwdriver tip or big nail to the back of the coil.  If it sticks the solenoid is energized.  The coil is an electro-magnet.
Good luck

Reply #6
Woody,

Sounds like you still have 2 problems so here are some thoughts.

The rear pressure switch could be bad or it's  wiring as this is what sends a signal to the travel light.

While you were checking the front 6 pack did you inspect the ride...

Reply #7
Also, a better check of rear bags is to measure RIDE HEIGHT-- more accurate than feeling for pressure.

And, as Mike mentioned,  I would suggest doing a quick ride height check both front and back (yes, with safety stands removed). In travel mode,...

Reply #8
Woody,

If you have safety blocks in place, and start the engine, the HWH system will try to bring the coach to "ride height".  If it thinks the coach is sitting above ride height,  it will exhaust air from the bags as it tries to lower the coach. ...

Reply #9
Also there are check valves in the front 6 pack which can become stuck and not let air into the 6 pack manifold. They are on the sides of the manifold under a hexagon nut. If you hit the raise for the front and you don't get air into the bags...