Skip to main content

Topic: Sat around (Read 439 times) previous topic - next topic

Sat around
Hello everyone! I just bought a 1994 grand villa unicoach   that hasent been used in 12 years and hasent been started in 4 years. My intentions are to get it up to par and run it as long as i can. I dont know much about it but i am so delighted...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Sat around
Reply #1
I am sure others will chime in, but I would look at the age of the tires. Check the DOT month/ year info on the tires. If over 7 years I would be concerned about them.
And if they have been sitting for a long time that is not good

Reply #2
After checking the fluids, will she start? If she does, make sure you've air pressure to the bags.  I'd at least check the tire pressure,12 years is a LONG time for the tires; is there a tire outlet close by?  Any paperwork available on what the...

Reply #3
If any of the tires were sitting completely flat on the ground, I would not trust them.  Sitting flat can cause damage to the sidewall.

If it starts and runs, and the engine oil looks OK on the dip stick (not milky white), and the level is good,...

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Where it me I would have it flatbed towed to where it needs to go. Your place if you are handy, your shop if not. As to tires hard to tell you more than likely unsafe. Of course it needs a full service of all systems. On the other hand it may...

Reply #5
Thanks everyone! 
I will go put a day in trying to get it ready then if all else fails, a flat bed it will have to be.
Anyone know the total height to the top of the ac units?

• Twig
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Agree with Chuck. If it airs up including tires, I'd take it home.

Reply #7
Our U300/Detroit had not been started in over three years in North Carolina. Three new engine batteries and belts at Autozone, a trip to WalMart for bed sheets, air in the tires and we headed to visit friends a few hundred miles away on the ocean...

Reply #8
Anyone know the total height to the top of the ac units?
Our coach has the original Penguin air conditioners, which are "low profile".  The highest "hard" point on our coach is the top of the ladder.

• kb0zke
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Somewhere here there is a drawing that someone made of a U300, giving nearly every dimension. As I recall, that showed a max travel height of 11' 10" so I have a placard on the dash saying safe clearance 12' 6".

Reply #10
Oldjug, Where are You?  maybe one of our members could meet you at your new coach and go over it with you. Lots of knowledge here and many of us have a lot of free time and would be happy to be an extra set of eyes...  ^.^d

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Before you change the oil, google the oil Detroit 2 strokes require. Or search on this site.

Reply #12
Unihome not unicoach

Reply #13

>>Hello everyone! I just bought a 1994 grand Villa Unihome  that hasn't been used in 12 years and hasn't been started in 4 years.

Congratulations.

>>My main question is where do I start. What should...