Skip to main content

Topic: Assistance needed - Wet bay door inoperable (Read 541 times) previous topic - next topic

Assistance needed - Wet bay door inoperable
Wet bay door refuses to budge this morning.

Locked and unlocked via panel switch and key, no luck.

Can hear actuator lock, unlock.

Other bay doors lock/unlock as they should.

Any help appreciated.

Rick Owens

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Assistance needed - Wet bay door inoperable
Reply #1
Look underneath and try to carefully pry out the weatherstrip.  That should give you a gap you can look up into to see where the bar or cable attaches and get an idea of how to reach up into the gap to release the latches.  I think a couple guys...

Reply #2
I had a 1/4 inch wide 18 inch long flatbladed screwdriver that could reach and push off the clip for the lock selenoid thethe Kay opened it. I just never reconnected the wet bay or the front bays.  Only the fuel bay and storage bays were...

Reply #3
Sincere thanks! 

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Try pushing on the ends of the door with your knees while you lift the handle or giving it a bump(push in) as you lift the handle.. sometimes its just a little stuck.

Reply #5
Rick, if you can get a flat bar used by lock smith to open car door you may be able to access the cable once seal is removed, pulling on cable will unlock door.  When door is open take off the inside panel and use a Allen wrench to loosen cable...

Reply #6
When door is open take off the inside panel

I think mine are put together with rivets. How are you disassembling them?

Thanks,

Trent

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Trent, yes rivets but I have drilled them out and put self tapping screws in the holes. Makes it a bit easier for when things behind need to be fixed
JohnH

Reply #8
I had the same thing happen today.   In my U295 this door is hinged at the top.  I was able to pull down the weatherstripping at the bottom of the bay.  This allowed me to see the latch with the help of a small flashlight.  If I pulled the latch...

Reply #9
Today I took the wet bay latch apart to see what the problem was.  The latch would not let go of the pin when the handle was pulled.  I could trip (i.e., close) the latch with a screwdriver, but when I moved the part of the latch that is raised...

Reply #10
Further clarification.  My doors are lift up doors, not top hinged doors.  The locks are built in behind plastic panels and do not appear to be accessible.  There is a cable at each corner, none of which will give.  Tried slightly more than...

Reply #11
I had a similar situation yesterday with my LH fuel bay door, I could turn the key however the handle seem to be in a bind and wouldn't release. On the bus doors there are 4 latches, one at each corner, the are all connected to the handle...

Reply #12
Problem Solved for my bus style swing up wet bay door:  After trying suggested methods (many thanks to all) I drilled a 5/16" hole in the latch low and just to right of center just nipping the  edge of the vertical bar that "rotates" a bit to...