Skip to main content

Topic: Carbon Monoxide (Read 324 times) previous topic - next topic

Carbon Monoxide
With the Ohio family apparently all found dead from Carbon Monoxide a couple of days ago, we wanted to share our thoughts on detectors.

As you know CO is odorless and can be deadly, so we all need detectors that will alarm when CO levels reach...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• AC7880
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Carbon Monoxide
Reply #1
And replace CO detectors every 6 to 7 years - from date of manufacture.

Reply #2
Thanks for this thread.  Picked up this combo propane/carbon monoxide unit for our bedroom.

Nighthawk Plug-in Carbon Monoxide & Explosive Gas Detector Alarm with...

And this one for smoke:

First Alert SA3210 Dual Sensor Smoke and Fire Alarm, 1 Pack...

Reply #3
Nothing to worry much about with diesel engines as CO production is very low but some Atwood furnaces have been recalled because of CO and others will use a unvented propane heater inside or even turn on the stovetop for heat in really cold...

• Twig
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4

Note that VF (vent free) heaters are not legal in Canada, California and other areas of the U.S. See map at: Ventless Products State by State Code Information

Pierce

Sort of. They are...

Reply #5
Sort of. They are illegal to SELL or INSTALL. If you install it in say....New Mexico....it is not illegal in other states.
There is a reason they are illegal to sell and install.

Pierce

Reply #6
X2 on mounting location CO is heavier than air and should be mounted below bed (sleeping) level. I have seen CO detectors mounted 4 or 5 ft up on a wall never made sense to me, you would be dead before it went off!!
Chris

Reply #7
X2 on mounting location CO is heavier than air and should be mounted below bed (sleeping) level. I have seen CO detectors mounted 4 or 5 ft up on a wall never made sense to me, you would be...