Skip to main content

Topic: Loan or rent your RV?  (Read 814 times) previous topic - next topic

Loan or rent your RV?
 Does anyone here  rent or loan their RV to others?  If so what do you do for insurance, repairs. etc.

I had a auto rental /leasing business at one time  and required  my company to be listed as additional insured .
 Thanks for any insight .. MM

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Loan or rent your RV?
Reply #1
That would be a big liability that I would never try. Corporations have a buffer between the business and the owners homes

Reply #2
I'd never trust anyone enough to lend out my coach

Reply #3
I'd never trust anyone enough to lend out my coach
Just hurt my feelings  :o  :o

Reply #4
No way....!!

Reply #5
Ain't happening!

TOM

Reply #6
Except for you Hans.

Reply #7
No, Net, Nein, Non! Just trash the rig yourself, why let someone else enjoy the fun? That way you'll have enjoyed the experience prior the big repair bills that will be coming your way.
We have owned a diesel motorhome for 12 years and a pop-up 2...

• Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 08:25:20 am by Bob_B

Reply #8
Hard to hurt one of these by someone who knows every system backwards and forwards. 

Most rv'ers are not that level.

More or less the average person

Reply #9
I never loaned my airplane out to anyone unless I was going too and I did the flying. I got real good at just saying NO. So far I haven't had anyone ask about the motorhome (thank goodness) but the answer will be the same NO

Reply #10
I have been asked by several friends, and my answer was always yes. It would take a $40,000 cash deposit, $1500/week, and $3/ mile. For some reason so far not a single taker. Might have to look into another line of business instead of rv rental...

Reply #11
We don't loan our  car, our airplane or RV to anyone! Lots of rental companies for all of these vehicles. If that spoils a friendship, so be it.

Pierce

• Andy 2
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
My dad used to tell me never borrow or loan anything you can't pay for or replace. ,👍😎

Reply #13
And don't co-sign for a loan. ;D

Pierce

Reply #14
Heck, if I can get away with it, I don't even let a tech drive mine into the shop!  ^.^d

Reply #15
I'd only loan my coach to one person.....Brett Wolfe!  Because I KNOW it would come back in better shape than it left.  LOL

Otherwise...no way.

Chris

Reply #16
I'd only loan my coach to one person.....Brett Wolfe!
Ya, I guess Brett could borrow ours, 'cause he used to own her!  ^.^d

Reply #17
We were ONCE asked to use our motorhome. Our response was if something broke while you had it you would have to fix it. Request was withdrawn.

Really, liability even with maximum insurance, etc is way too much risk to take. Borrowers & renters...

Reply #18
Race car rules.  It worked when I handed it to you.  If it breaks next run you get to fix it...

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
Not no but hell no!!!

Reply #20
I'd only loan my coach to one person.....Brett Wolfe!  Because I KNOW it would come back in better shape than it left.  LOL
Chris

WAIT.  That sounds like my experience with a charter sailboat in...

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Have to ask... Did you get enough hours/miles use out of her to accomadate your labor. My guess is yes...

Reply #22
. Yes, when we left, the boat was ready to sell/sail anywhere.
I assure you, my list is much shorter.  Wouldn't take you much time at all.   ;)

Reply #23
Have to ask... Did you get enough hours/miles use out of her to accomadate your labor. My guess is yes...

Lots of lobsters! Unlike the other Mooring charter boats, we had no restriction on where we went.

Reply #24
Having seen all that has gone wrong with our coach, our friends and family will never ask.  Aside from the insurance issues, there is a really long learning curve in just using the coach, never mind if something should go wrong on the road.  It...