Skip to main content

Topic: My vmsPC setup (Read 838 times) previous topic - next topic

My vmsPC setup
After ten years or so, I've finally hit a vmsPC setup I'm really happy with. After using a number of laptops, both Windows and Mac, and  a couple of Windows tablets, I've got a keeper.

The tablet is a Dell Venue 10".

As for the vmsPC layout, that...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: My vmsPC setup
Reply #1
Here are the photos

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
I have been using a Toshiba net book since day one and very happy with it as it is same size and never in the way of vision or ?
JohnH

Reply #3
Tom,

Do you mind sharing your file?

Thank you very much!

Trent

eyler@cox.net

Reply #4
Here's the latest. VmsPC v4.07 2003 U295 ISL400

Everything appears to be working. I took the non working odometers out.

Still a work in progress.

Meet Google Drive - One place for all your files

Reply #5
Tom, the trip odometers can be reset and then usually work.  Make a copy of the Vmspc/4.0.7 folder. You can delete the odometer files then start VMSpc with the pc connected to the JIB and the ignition on and reset the gauges.

4.0.8 has some...

Reply #6
Here is mine.  I would hate to do without the selected gear indicator , mode, cruise speed, and retarder temp.

George

Reply #7
Interesting to see everyone's "dashboard"

I keep the right hand odo to when I changed the fan drive and resonator.

Added another odo in that area for total trip mileage. 

The bottom one is the current tank.

So I have three Odo's.

97's do not have the...

Reply #8
I am still using V 2.5x on ours, but I will eventually get around to redoing my layout with the the latest version once (if they ever get around to it) they put out the version that can interface with our TST TPMS system. Ours runs on a 2009 Mac...

Reply #9
I have a pre-release version of VMSpc 4.1 software and posted somewhere about the TST TPMS interface.  There is both a hardware and software component. It will be (when the hardware part becomes available) a fairly expensive add on, likely much...

Reply #10
Of course the implementation and cost will determine whether or not there is value in integrating the TPMS into our VMSPC setup, but I wouldn't be seeking to replace the TST 507 monitor, just to supplement it. For instance, maybe just setting up...

Reply #11
Mine is a constant work in progress, but fun work. I now have the odometers back and working. I've grouped my most used gauges together with a brown background. That color may change. The white areas are so I can right click the mouse there to...

Reply #12
Lots of options.  I use a 7" Samsung tablet most of the time.  I also use an 8" Samsung tablet, a 9.7" and a 10.5" iPads, an 8" NuVision tablet PC, a couple 10" ASUS variations and a MS Surface GO.  I am always experimenting

Reply #13
Constantly evolving

• bigdog
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
After ten years or so, I've finally hit a vmsPC setup I'm really happy with. After using a number of laptops, both Windows and Mac,
Wait a minute. I thought that VMSpc was persona non grata with...

Reply #15
Only way I found to run a ipad was to forward the windows hp11 streams screen to the iPad.  The hp can close the screen and stay on if set that way

Reply #16
Wait a minute. I thought that VMSpc was persona non grata with Apple IOS.

Runs under virtual pc.

Reply #17
Running VMSpc on any MAC device with a virtual Windows session for which you have to buy a Window OS to use is a very expensive way to run VMSpc.  Almost any Windows 7 or Windows 10 pc will work, the really cheap ones have very short battery life...

Reply #18
I quit running VmsPC on my Mac probably ten years ago. Since then I've run a number of Windows laptops and tablets.

I've currently settled on a Dell Venue 11 Pro tablet. It's just sitting on the dash by the defrost vents, leaning against the...

Reply #19
Here is my current .scr file  It completely fills my tablet screen, and will probably need some trimming to fit other screens.

This is my seventh iteration for this tablet in horizontal format.  I originally used vertical format, but discovered...

• bigdog
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
Running VMSpc on any MAC device with a virtual Windows session for which you have to buy a Window OS to use is a very expensive way to run VMSpc.  Almost any Windows 7 or Windows...

Reply #21
I have made maybe 100 different screens, some in a portrait format, some in 1/2 screen size, some in very big print to accommodate vision issues and in just about every screen resolution from 1080 x 600 to full 4K displays.  The screens are not...

Reply #22
The screens are not stretchable, but individual gauges (tiles) are readily resized and moved.

Reply #23
Of course they are. 

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Will the new version support page stretch? Any idea before the new update is released?