Skip to main content

Topic: FMCA vs. Coachnet Road Service (Read 916 times) previous topic - next topic

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
FMCA vs. Coachnet Road Service
Has anyone used the FMCA road service? We switched from Coachnet this year and just renewed but I am having doubts primarily because of FMCA's awful website. It's as if they reached back in time, found a dBase III programmer, gave him an off the...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: FMCA vs. Coachnet Road Service
Reply #1
If I'm not mistaken, the actual FMCA roadside assistance service is contracted out to another outfit.  All FMCA does is take yer money.

I remember a thread a while back where this was discussed...

Found it:    Insurance Renewal Time

Reply #2
FMCA's program: RV Roadside Assistance - RV Service | FMCA

FMCA RV Roadside Assistance to the Rescue!

FMCA's Roadside Rescue, powered by SafeRide RV Motor Club, will be there when you need it. SafeRide RV provides fully equipped services and...

Reply #3
It's administered by SafeRide RV Motor Club HQ'd in Dallas, TX.
Haven't used them yet but hope springs eternal.

Reply #4
John, you are on wrong web site with regard to "FMCA road service".   Checkout this web site for FMCA road service:

SafeRide Motor Club - SafeRide Motor Club

We are contracted with Saferide for 3-years of service at the FMCA price.

We have had an RV...

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Thanks to all. Directly to the that site is a better experience. I am easily annoyed by poorly designed websites. Get cranky.
jor

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
How do you contact SafeRide on the phone to talk about their service? I'm not an FMCA member. In looking to renew our Coachnet 250.00 per yr is  bit pricey. X2 on websites.

• kb0zke
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
We switched to the Escapees road service, which is also SafeRide (I think). Haven't had to use it yet, so can't compare to CoachNet. We were pleased with the service we got from CoachNet, but when it came time to renew last year the price was...

Reply #8
We like CoachNet.  It is more expensive than it was a few years ago.  They have been excellent on the two times we needed some help.  I am pretty sure we are still money ahead.  The FMCA plan also requires you to be an FMCA member. Add that into...

Reply #9
I don't usually recommend Good Sam's anything simply because I dislike Camping World. However, I have their roadside assistance on both the RV and the personal cars. We got it when we purchased our first RV, I haven't had to use is for the...

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
My toad towing is covered under it own insurance policy. Coach Net charges $99 a year for just coach coverage. They do not advertise it, you must call and ask for it.

Reply #11
I've had Good Sam, Coachnet, and now FMCA SafeRide. This is in the course of 30+ years. Only had one bad experience, that was GS using a stupid tow operator who incorrectly towed my coach. It got loose and suffered damage that should never have...

Reply #12
I waffled back and forth on Coachnet, Good Sams and FMCA SafeRide up until our first trip. Finally just pulled the trigger on SafeRide, hopefully I won't need it however it I do I will evaluate their service and annual cost to make a decision at...

Reply #13
Tom, when we had our first Foretravel, we purchased GS extended repair policy and experienced the same results!  Had to fight for every nickel and the service centers hated them.  They said they either took forever to pay and then would only pay...

Reply #14
Bruce,

SafeRide phone #'s

877-834-0405

855-737-0737

877-501-3795

You may get your info from Linda at 3795 number

Reply #15
Curious if anyone has AAA RV Plus coverage and if they have comparisons of cost to other providers.  We have AAA and have used it only once for an RV tow.  They towed us 185 miles (34' Class A with a ATV trailer attached), and when dropping us...

• bbeane
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
Thanks Barry👍

Reply #17
FMCA SafeRide FAQ:
Frequently Asked Questions

For those currently enrolled or about to enroll in the program, please note the following numbers:

For administrative and general inquiries please call (877) 581-8581.
For dispatch, please call the number...

Reply #18
FMCA SafeRide Plan Details:
Plan Details

Jump Starts
Service is provided to start the customer's weak or dead battery.

Mobile Tire Service
If a spare tire is not available, we will dispatch a mobile tire service company who will mount a like tire....

Reply #19
SafeRide cost:

Above two posts are from FMCA web site, which also show  cost to be $74/year.

In Febuary 2018, cost was $69/year with maximum sign up for 3-years, which we did by paying $207.

Who knows how good the different contracts are?  They all...

• jcus
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
Just got a renewal email from Coach Net, if i renew now, $10 discount, so $89 a year for coach towing only.

Reply #21
As I have posted before had good Sams on our SOB coach had blow out on outside duel good Sams up charged us 200 on repair. I would not have known but service man gave me his copy of bill upon finishing repair.  His bill was 290.00 for service and...

Reply #22
I have an FMCA Roadside Assistance testimonial to share.  Today we went to the storage to take out Carmen's Fiat and it would not start.  We discovered that her alternator was seized and not allowing the engine to turn.  After many failed...

Reply #23
Chris, we had AAA on SOB coach and discovered too late when in rural Arkansas that the package sold by your local state is for that state only, since each states AAA is a individually owned entity. Yes there is reciprocity where other states...

• John Haygarth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
That comment about AAA being a state by state coverage had me shaking my head as we have car and motorhome coverage thru our BCAA which is an offshoot of your triple A? Now our BC policy does cover us in all states so would derived how/why this...