Skip to main content
Topic: OEM wiper blades for a 1991 Grand Villa (Read 1156 times) previous topic - next topic

OEM wiper blades for a 1991 Grand Villa

I have searched the forums and also checked out other FT chats and cannot find a post that discuss a 1991 Grand Villa's windshield wiper replacement. I had replaced my wipers on my way home after my purchase of the FT because they stopped clearing my windshield and Walmart had a 22" heavy duty blade that seemed to work but during my storage, someone actually removed my new blades and placed them with really bad ones (unbelievable what some people will do).  I wasn't happy about the way they ran across the windshield, so this time around, I wanted to know what others have used. What is the length needed? I can't go by the measurement I have now because of the thief who now has my new blades. This time I need to put a camera on my dash to catch the culprit.  ::)
Kathie :)
1991 Grand Villa
G91383636SBIORED250 model
Oshkosh v-917 frame rail type chassis
caterpillar 3208-t v-8 diesel engine w/ allison MT-643 four speed transmission

Re: OEM wiper blades for a 1991 Grand Villa

Reply #1
Foretravel has the replacements along wih other wear parts on the wipers.
Current coach 1996 U320 40'
Previous coach, 1990 36' U280

Reply #2

Kathie,

Assuming (always dangerous) your '91 GV takes the same size blade as our '93 GV, one linked below is what I use on our coach.  Fits perfect.

You can probably find it locally if you don't want to order it.  Shop around for best price.

Amazon.com: Trico 67-241 67 Series Heavy Duty Black Wide Saddle Wiper Blade...

1993 U280 SE 40' WTBI, Build: 4359
C8.3 300hp, 6-Speed, Exhaust Brake
960 watts on the roof (6 x 160)
Sorento (or BOLT) on a Kar Kaddy SS
"It goes without saying..."

Reply #3
Good Lord my 89 has wimpy 17" blades, might be able to "clock" them and get a couple of more inches without changing the linkage length. Protech modified his somehow.
Old Phart Phred, EIEIO
89 GV ored 36' #3405 300 hp cat 3208 ATAAC side radiator, mountain tamer exhaust brake

Reply #4
 I have 18s or 19s . 
Yes. I drilled my arm for a 3/16 Mil spec  cross bolt and fit off the shelf blades.

Reply #5
Read your post over and over,you said they placed the blades with the old ones,does that mean they stole them?
96 U270 BUILD 4810
85 380SL
Drummonds TN.

Reply #6
I replaced my wiper arms on my 91 with these J Hook style.  20" blades are what was used.  Here is a link to my thread
Wiper Arms(Update)
91 GV U300 Unihome 40' Build 3811
6V92TA Detroit

Reply #7
Stump
our 95 has 24" inch blades and I get them from NAPA, just replaced them last week, if you still need the info? I will try to find the napa # for them.
Justin & Cathy Byrd
1995 U280 "Old Faithful"
36' Build #4673
C8.3 Cummins
Allison MD3060R 6 speed - retarder
Powertech 10KW  4cyl Kubota

Reply #8
Read your post over and over,you said they placed the blades with the old ones,does that mean they stole them?
OMG... sorry... yes. where I rent the spot it is stored, there are no security cameras. It is on the edge of a farmers field and many other large motorhomes. I didn't notice the wiper at first until I took my daughter there to see "Woody" and she mentioned the hanging rubber on the wiper. Closer inspection I realized the entire blade was not the ones I had purchased. I was in disbelief that someone would do such a thing. At my age, I thought I've seen it all.
1991 Grand Villa

Reply #9
Stump
our 95 has 24" inch blades and I get them from NAPA, just replaced them last week, if you still need the info? I will try to find the napa # for them.

That would be great. My windshield has the rubber gasket/seal that runs down the middle so too long of blades would run/ hit this rubber and wear out the wiper blade quickly. I like the look of these and from other's remarks the 24" is probably correct. I will also call FT parts too just to make sure. Thanks to all of you. Always grateful for your insights and help
1991 Grand Villa

Reply #10
Now here is another part number you should add to your ever growing list of necessary part numbers for future reference.
Take a walk around the storage area, after you get your new blades, and look for a new set of the same size blades
Might I also suggest you mark your new blades in such a way that you would be able to walk up and see that they are yours? Paint spot, etch your name on the metal part, etc.
Nitehawk,  Demolition Lady, & our NEW master, Zippy the speeding BB cat.
1989 Grand Villa 36' ORED
Oshkosh chassis, 8.2 DD V8
2006 Saturn Vue AWD

Reply #11
Now here is another part number you should add to your ever growing list of necessary part numbers for future reference.
Take a walk around the storage area, after you get your new blades, and look for a new set of the same size blades
Might I also suggest you mark your new blades in such a way that you would be able to walk up and see that they are yours? Paint spot, etch your name on the metal part, etc.
great idea... I definitely will do that. Thank you very much  ;D
1991 Grand Villa

Reply #12
Stump
our 95 has 24" inch blades and I get them from NAPA, just replaced them last week, if you still need the info? I will try to find the napa # for
Stump

The 91 is a narrow body coach and has shorter windshields. 24" blades will not fit. I replaced my wiper arms to get rid of the bolt/screw on blades. With the J Hook style you can buy blades at any auto parts store. Quick snap on and off.
6V92TA Detroit

Reply #13
The 91 is a narrow body coach and has shorter windshields. 24" blades will not fit. I replaced my wiper arms to get rid of the bolt/screw on blades. With the J Hook style you can buy blades at any auto parts store. Quick snap on and off.

Are yours 22"? I know that O'Reilly sells Trico's heavy duty so will go in there today to find out if they have the entire replacement parts.
1991 Grand Villa

Reply #14
Are yours 22"? I know that O'Reilly sells Trico's heavy duty so will go in there today to find out if they have the entire replacement parts.
20"
As in my above post I bought new J Hook style arms from AM Equipment. Link is above with part number.J hook style is like on your car pop in pop off. Much easier to change when you suddenly realize you needed to replace blades during last rainstorm but forgot!
6V92TA Detroit

Reply #15
20 looks like the correct length for my narrow body 89, mine aren't bolt on or the j hook. Type 1 pinch tabs maybe. Black plastic shaft cover is failing.
Old Phart Phred, EIEIO
89 GV ored 36' #3405 300 hp cat 3208 ATAAC side radiator, mountain tamer exhaust brake

Reply #16
Thats great knowing this,
My Blades actually hit the centre column and they cant be shortened or adjusted,
I was wondering how to adjust them to avoid hitting the centre column,
Just put shorter arms or blades on, Easy Peasy,
Cheers, Brian,
1989 Foretravel Grand Villa, 36 foot ORED, 300 HP Catapillar and Four Speed Allison Auto,
Right Hand drive, two Mid doors, Makes a good flow thru ventilation in hot weather,
Located in Melbourne, Australia,  The Land Down Under,
Honda Blackbird, 1100XX.    2002 Gemini 105 MC Catamaran,

Reply #17
Good to hear from you  Mr B3, glad you're still alive and kicking. Because it's been a while This guy shipped a GV to Australia after a right hand drive conversion plus a left entrance door. Quite interesting adventure and project say the least.
Old Phart Phred, EIEIO

Reply #18
You can use longer blades up to about  20 inches and clock them so they don't hit.
Old Phart Phred, EIEIO

Reply #19
I'm using 20" blades with no problems
88 Grand Villa 36' ORED 3208 (throwaway)Cat.
 Build # 3150
Happiness is the maximum agreement of reality and desire.

Reply #21
We replaced the wiper blades on our '92 U225 with Trico 20 inch (20-1) blades. A perfect fit.
Deb, Jeff, and dog Honey (also in memory of previous traveling partner, Ralph)
The Jupiter 2: '92 36' U225 SBI, Build #4086
230 Cummins to 300hp with Banks Turbo
Monocoque Chassis and Pac Brake
The Space Pod: '16 Kia Soul Flat Tow

Reply #22
I replaced my wiper arms on my 91 with these J Hook style.  20" blades are what was used.  Here is a link to my thread
Wiper Arms(Update)
Great website but your original post has model #'s that flash and then states not found. I tried to figure out which one was the correct one but my lack of experience, I cannot tell which one it would be. Yes 20" is the correct length. I found the original packaging was found in the MH's glove compartment. I want to replace the arm and the wiper at the same time. Thank you for the details in your posts.
1991 Grand Villa