Skip to main content

Topic: OEM wiper blades for a 1991 Grand Villa (Read 486 times) previous topic - next topic

OEM wiper blades for a 1991 Grand Villa
I have searched the forums and also checked out other FT chats and cannot find a post that discuss a 1991 Grand Villa's windshield wiper replacement. I had replaced my wipers on my way home after my purchase of the FT because they stopped...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: OEM wiper blades for a 1991 Grand Villa
Reply #1
Foretravel has the replacements along wih other wear parts on the wipers.

Reply #2
Kathie,

Assuming (always dangerous) your '91 GV takes the same size blade as our '93 GV, one linked below is what I use on our coach.  Fits perfect.

You can probably find it locally if you don't want to order it.  Shop around for best price.

Reply #3
Good Lord my 89 has wimpy 17" blades, might be able to "clock" them and get a couple of more inches without changing the linkage length. Protech modified his somehow.

Reply #4
 I have 18s or 19s . 
Yes. I drilled my arm for a 3/16 Mil spec  cross bolt and fit off the shelf blades.

• John44
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Read your post over and over,you said they placed the blades with the old ones,does that mean they stole them?

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
I replaced my wiper arms on my 91 with these J Hook style.  20" blades are what was used.  Here is a link to my thread
Wiper Arms(Update)

Reply #7
Stump
our 95 has 24" inch blades and I get them from NAPA, just replaced them last week, if you still need the info? I will try to find the napa # for them.

Reply #8
Read your post over and over,you said they placed the blades with the old ones,does that mean they stole them?
OMG... sorry... yes. where I rent the spot it is stored, there are no security cameras....

Reply #9
Stump
our 95 has 24" inch blades and I get them from NAPA, just replaced them last week, if you still need the info? I will try to find the napa # for them.

That would be great. My windshield...

• nitehawk
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Now here is another part number you should add to your ever growing list of necessary part numbers for future reference.
Take a walk around the storage area, after you get your new blades, and look for a new set of the same size blades
Might I also...

Reply #11
Now here is another part number you should add to your ever growing list of necessary part numbers for future reference.
Take a walk around the storage area, after you get your new blades, and look...

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Stump
our 95 has 24" inch blades and I get them from NAPA, just replaced them last week, if you still need the info? I will try to find the napa # for

Reply #13
The 91 is a narrow body coach and has shorter windshields. 24" blades will not fit. I replaced my wiper arms to get rid of the bolt/screw on blades. With the J Hook style you can buy blades at any...

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Are yours 22"? I know that O'Reilly sells Trico's heavy duty so will go in there today to find out if they have the entire replacement parts.
20"
As in my above post I bought new J Hook style arms...

Reply #15
20 looks like the correct length for my narrow body 89, mine aren't bolt on or the j hook. Type 1 pinch tabs maybe. Black plastic shaft cover is failing.

• Mr B3
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #16
Thats great knowing this,
My Blades actually hit the centre column and they cant be shortened or adjusted,
I was wondering how to adjust them to avoid hitting the centre column,
Just put shorter arms or blades on, Easy Peasy,

Reply #17
Good to hear from you  Mr B3, glad you're still alive and kicking. Because it's been a while This guy shipped a GV to Australia after a right hand drive conversion plus a left entrance door. Quite interesting adventure and project say the least.

Reply #18
You can use longer blades up to about  20 inches and clock them so they don't hit.

Reply #19
I'm using 20" blades with no problems

Reply #20
You used to only need these when installing new wiper blades, but today they want you to buy all new everything.

Amazon.com: Trico 71-260 71 Series Heavy Duty Wiper Blade Refill for 63 or...

Reply #21
We replaced the wiper blades on our '92 U225 with Trico 20 inch (20-1) blades. A perfect fit.