Skip to main content

Topic: New to us 2000 U320 (Read 2123 times) previous topic - next topic

New to us 2000 U320
We're at the Flamingo Lake RV Park in Jacksonville, FL, getting acquainted with our 2000 U320; the one ducktape was considering last year. Thanks to the excellent information on this forum, we went into this deal eyes wide open. Yes, there is...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: New to us 2000 U320
Reply #1
Welcome! Lots of info here and great people!!  When your at FOT next week look around in the shop for our 2000 4010, it will be the one with the slide removed....😕
Also we like pics here so offer up some please 🙂. Let's see that purple...

• Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 06:17:55 pm by hdff

Reply #2
Welcome! Lots of info here and great people!!  When your at FOT next week look around in the shop for out 2000 4010, it will be the one with the slide removed....😕
Also we like pics here so...

Reply #3
We pulled into Camp FOT a while ago. No major problems getting here. The chassis battery is "waking up" nicely... house batteries still toast, as expected. At least I  discovered the reason for trashed house batteries was whomever installed the...

• hdff
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
No we are not there, dropped her a week ago and they said it would be 2-3 weeks or so, sorry to have missed y'all!

• GleamB
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
FLA ??

LBCO ???

Wish I was in the club.....secret codes and all.....

Reply #6
FLA ??

LBCO ???

Wish I was in the club.....secret codes and all.....

Flood Lead Acid;  just a guess!

Reply #7
Mount Gay and Coke is a smooth cocktail. My uncle lived on the island of Grenada from 1950 until 1975. Rum and Coke was very popular down there. He tried all of the available rums, and chose Mount Gay as the best of the bunch. In the old days a...

Reply #8
LBCO

Low battery cut off

Mike

Reply #9
Flood Lead Acid;  just a guess!
Yup, flooded lead acid. LBCO= low battery cutout. The purpose of LBCO is to disconnect the inverter from the batteries prior to over discharge, reducing the...

Reply #10
sorry to have missed y'all!
Same here. Maybe next time. We plan to be at the S Padre KOA over Thanksgiving... an annual meeting with a couple from SC.

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
For a guy with ways and means to repair things it can be a deal for a unit to need some things as long as the buyer knows of the issues going in and pays accordingly and it sounds like you have a clue. Good fortune and have fun.

Reply #12
@ hdff
We saw your coach this AM... Nice! It's in good hands and the remodel is progressing well. David is like a Foretravel encyclopedia. He came out to have a look-see at our pilot seat, for a match; remembered our coach and the name of the...

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
Tell you of an observation.. I've spent some time in rv parks and often times there will be a buss nut  or two that has a clue. We all like the looks of a new top end buss but the one a buss nut will walk over and look closely at is one with some...

Reply #14
We made it back home Friday morning with little incident. The only alarming issue happened on a desolate state road in Texas when the engine stalled on a long downgrade, just after applying maximum thrust on a long upgrade. Due to the lack of a...

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #15
I spect you and your coach will fair just fine Greg because you have the right rig and you "aint afraid".

Reply #16
I've been staying busy getting some of the more important issues squared away. Being I'm still at the steep end of the learning curve, been mostly reading here and at Barry's excellent site. Thank you, sir!

The first order of business was to...

Reply #17
So your coach from the factory did not have a copilot seat?  That seems rather unusual, or I've just never heard of it reading the Forum.

When you (earlier) mentioned getting a new copilot seat, I thought you were just replacing the old one for...

Reply #18
Didn't we hear stuff like this from Don and Tys a few years ago. Surprised Don hasn't jumped in on this thread. Good luck with the on-going adventure!

Reply #19
Chuck,

Yes, it came with a co-pilots chair from FT. You are correct...I did replace the old one...that we never had.  I'm told the PO's were a Gospel/Bluegrass band. They pulled it, the small WTFE style table, and the recliner out and put in the...

Reply #20
Just an observer on this one so far since I haven't seen any questions that could benefit from my contribution... but I am always interested in watching owner generated transformations!
Don
Didn't...

Reply #21
The compressed air system refurb was completed today, except for the front air springs that will be done when I have the front fenders off at a later date. The front six pack was badly corroded but I managed to salvage it with some machine work,...

Reply #22
Greg, Nice job of documentation.  Thanks for that.  By the way, I love the photos of your well sawn sawhorse. 

Reply #23
@ Jan & Richard,
 :)) Those well sawn saw horses owe me nothing. I used them when I built our AZ home, and for building the shop/coach garage; something I always wanted to do and have now gotten out of my system ::) Now that they've been "refurbished"...

Reply #24
 Well, I've been making some progress. It seems that it takes me longer to get things done nowadays. Maybe cuz I'm more particular than I used to be?

The plan was to get after resealing everything on the roof but I ended up fixing/adjusting the...