Skip to main content
Topic: Madien Voyage (Read 532 times) previous topic - next topic

Madien Voyage

Just returned from 1,000 plus mile trip to south Texas, WOW I can't wait to go again, these machines are unbelievable! First leg of the trip was to M&G Engineering near Athens Texas, had their towed brake system installed along with the break away component. Monty was great to deal with, I as able to observe the entire install, very nice system and very easy to use, highly recommend M&G!! Had not planned to go through NAC on way down to Galveston however the rear AC unit quit blowing, a little help and the fan would start up, called MOT and they chased down the correct capacitors for my unit so we went by and picked them up, once we arrive at destination I installed and the unit has been working fine. Taking the detour over to NAC put me in the Houston area at RUSH HOURS, oh my what an experience for a rookie!! I just kept my distance and when others would drop in in front of me I would back off even more. Had a thorough inspection of the coach by Brett Wolfe, great experience, he was very patient with my many questions and I came away with a much better understanding and a pretty good list of manageable items to address. On the way back stopped at the Escapees Rainbow park near Livingston and was four corner weighted, another lesson and valuable information. OH almost forgot, stopped to fuel up for our weigh in, stopped at a very busy Pilot and pulled up to the big boy pumps, went to driver side bay door and it wouldn't open!! This is like my 3rd time to fuel this beast and the dang door won't open, I remembered reading about the dummy pump and went around and took a look and decided just to for go the fuel and pulled away to check the door out. Ended up going to a less busy station and fueled from the passenger side. I later was able to get into the bay and get the door to working again. We took our time, tried to stay clam through all situations, I found my sweet spot for comfort driving was 60 to 65 MPH, the coach drives and rides like a dream! THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN!!! I know there will be issues along the way however for now I'm like a kid with a new toy!
Bill and Marsha Kuykendall
1999 Foretravel U320 36' CAI
Build Number 5446
2006 Lexus GX 470

Re: Madien Voyage

Reply #1
My first 50 or 60 miles of coach ownership was through LA during morning Rush, not that bad and the PO led me out  from Laguna Niguel CA in his car till i was pointing to Barstow. Much, much better than kcmo or dfw crazy. No soccer or other sports parents trying to jockey their kids to events next stop winslow az. Slept at a truck stop that night in July with the windows open after 12 hours on the road cause I did a check of the coach every hour..28 year old diesel no issues for 1400 mile trip home.
Old Phart Phred, EIEIO
89 GV ored 36' #3405 300 hp cat 3208 ATAAC side radiator, mountain tamer exhaust brake

Re: Madien Voyage

Reply #2
Learned how to drive mine, first time ever, during rush hour from Phoenix to Tucson. Sun was setting. Told the wife, who was following me in toad, that I didn't want to learn to drive it at night. Got pulled over by cop who didn't see the temp tags. We "chatted" for a while. Sun set. Drove into RV park at night. So it goes.....!!!!
Glenn and Amy Beinfest
2001 36' U320
2014 Honda CRV

No Whining on the YACHT