Skip to main content

Topic: Magic Chef Oven Problem (Read 296 times) previous topic - next topic

Magic Chef Oven Problem
The previous owners of this coach might have never used the oven but I tried it and smoke comes into the coach through the rear of the cook top. I had a Magic Chef oven in my 1981 Foretravel and never had this problem. Does anyone have a clue as...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Re: Magic Chef Oven Problem
Reply #1
What does the smoke smell like?

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Not to familiar with ovens (wife is the baker  :)) )... clean it real good look for an exhaust that might be plugged.. Might need just burned off.. open all windows and put a fan in.. smoke is coming from something burning off.. If smells like...

Reply #3
The slot vent in the back accumulates debris, I vacuumed mine out with the oven off

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
The oven vents into the kitchen from the back. No outside exhaust. You are probably just smelling old cobwebs, mice nest whatever. Give it a good cleaning and fire it up. Turn on your kool  a matic and let it burn.  When stink stops bake some...

Reply #5
Thanks for all the help. I'll try to find the "slot vent" and clean it out.

Reply #6
It could be improper combustion. Check the oven burner to be sore it is burning all the way around, with a nice blue flame. Sometimes skillets, pots & pans get stored under the burner area and bump the damper open to wide or closed to much. You...

Reply #7
Thank you RevRick. I'll check that as well.

Reply #8
Does anyone know the gas pressure ratings for correct oven operation, not in manual, and regulator has covers over the assumed adjustment screws mine was acting funky, huge flame that would vary and roll like it was starved for combustion air....

• stump
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Does anyone know the gas pressure ratings for correct oven operation, not in manual, and regulator has covers over the assumed adjustment screws mine was acting funky, huge flame that would...

Reply #10
Thanks stump!

Reply #11
11" water colum on a manometer

Maybe.  11" water column IS the correct PSI in the propane plumbing TO the stove/oven.

But, that is likely NOT the PSI if it has its own regulator.  Verify with the...