Skip to main content

Topic: Magazine Rack (Read 528 times) previous topic - next topic

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Magazine Rack
Lots of these old coaches have a magazine rack and cupholder (with step cover switch) mounted on the wall next to the pax seat. It never has worked well for us. Looking for some ideas for a replacement. Thanks.
jor

• DavidS
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Magazine Rack
Reply #1
What part of it that isnt working? What dont you like? what would be better?

• jor
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
what would be better?

Just looking for some ideas of what others may have done. Do my best work by knocking off others' projects!
jor

Reply #3

Lots of folks wondering about good ideas for magazine racks including me. 
  • Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 10:20:45 pm by wolfe10

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
There is room there for one of the forum cabinet makers to build a nice hardwood "console " and set it in after building. Take some imagination but there are that kind of folks here.

Reply #5
The existing cup holder by the copilot's right knee in our '99 was too small to fit dw's no-spill travel mug. So I made a cup and key holder to fit just in front of the round cylinder. She can now have a water bottle in the oem cup holder and her...

Guests must Login or Register to view full posts.

Reply #6
I never much liked the passenger seat side magazine rack.  It is actually too deep for almost any thing we might want to put in it.  It mostly holds the small whisk broom and the fly swatter.  I want something not as deep on the back side of the...

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
You are right Roger the factory rack is to deep to put anything small. I keep dash spray in mine and would like something more versatile..What Bob did looks user friendly and looks darn nice as well.

Reply #8
Relating to our existing two dash and single magazine rack shallow cup holders:

Ours work ok when coach is sitting at a campground, but under way, they will not keep a mug in place.

Long ago, we found that a 4" diameter PVC joiner's 3" height could...

Reply #9
Here is my driver's side cup holder.  Never spills.

https://www.foreforums.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=24629.0;attach=31425;image

Pretty snazzy.

Reply #10
Here is my driver's side cup holder.  Never spills.

https://www.foreforums.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=24629.0;attach=31425;image

Pretty snazzy.
perfect solution...love it !!

Reply #11
Yes, I have removed a bunch of way off topic posts.

The OP's question is an excellent one and we are already seeing some on-target replies.

Let's keep them coming.

Thanks.

Brett/moderator

• Dub
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
That is one nice cup holder you could stuff wool socks in for insulation keeping that cold drink cold.. gotta have one.