Skip to main content
Topic: Microphor troubles (Read 755 times) previous topic - next topic

Microphor troubles

Yesterday my stopped operating.  I reviewed past threads and tried percussive adjustment before ordering a new toilet.  It worked!  Now the flapper opens but doesn't cycle.  It opens and stops after a push on the lever.  If I hold the lever up or down the flapper will complete its cycle.  Any suggestions?
Regards,
Brett

'99 42' Foretravel Xtreme
'14 Brown Motorsports Stacker
'05 Chevy SSR
'02 BMW R1150R

Re: Microphor troubles

Reply #1
We have purchased parts from:  Our Products - Mullaney And Associates

It's been a couple of years but Sue did a wonderful job of troubleshooting and suggesting replacement parts.  :D
Scott & Carol Seibert
2001 42' double slide U320 - Sold
Previous - 2002 36' U320

Reply #2
Sounds like micro switch or timer bad.  Check Beamalarm for LF220 manual.  Ebay for timer assy. 
Tom and Linda
1995 U280SE #4636

Reply #3
We have purchased parts from:  Our Products - Mullaney And Associates

It's been a couple of years but Sue did a wonderful job of troubleshooting and suggesting replacement parts.  :D

Sue is not there anymore.  She passed away a couple of years ago.  She was very knowledgeable.
1998 U320 40'
2005 GMC Yukon
MC# 17609

Reply #4
Mulllaney and Associates, painted a Bleak Picture of things to come, as far as parts for our LF-220 models, specifically!  I was told that the Manufacturer does not want to support such a small segment of their Business, since picked up by an Offshore Manufacturer!  I was only able to get a Microswitch that fails over time, and some instructions on how it operates, other thank that, if anyone comes up with a NOS seller, it would be nice to know!  I like the toilet, and am in need of the Gasket to the tank from the toilet, bad!  Has anyone fabricated one perhaps?  The smell when going down the road is hideously smelly!  I won't have anyone other than us in the coach, while on the move! It's really that bad! Other than that, it overflowed one time, and hasn't happened since?  You have to be quick, and lift the lid, and pull one of the spade connections off the flush handle quickly!  I now have a Water Shutoff valve Externally mounted for any other Emergencies!
Tom & Barb Root
'95, 40' U-320C SE, bought from Dave Head, 8/2017  FT Motorcade # 18196 Coach Build# 4663 October '94
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen, 1991 Suzuki Samurai, Off-Road Custom Build-Up, W/Toyota 22re mill, and a 2005 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax/Allison TOADS Will also pull a MacGregor 26X Powersailor 2001 Model, owned since new!

Retired SR Rocket Mechanic, FT Sales Associate @  FT of California, Escondido CA.!  and Retired USMC Gunnery Sergeant (Hence Retired Guns! ) Avionics Tech, on A6E Intruder & OV-10 Bronco Aircraft!  V/N Era Vet, and Desert Storm Participant.  Happily Retired now!

Reply #5
am in need of the Gasket to the tank from the toilet, bad!  Has anyone fabricated one perhaps? 

That should be a standard wax ring.  You need to check and see if your dump hopper has the proper backing plate for a wax ring.  Some coaches the backing ring was left off and the wax ring won't properly seal off causing similar problems.

Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Reply #6
As I understand it, the ring is NOT a wax ring? It is a Sponge Rubber Gasket, which I am about ready to fab my own???  If that could be confirmed, I'll get right to it, though?
Tom & Barb Root
'95, 40' U-320C SE, bought from Dave Head, 8/2017  FT Motorcade # 18196 Coach Build# 4663 October '94
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen, 1991 Suzuki Samurai, Off-Road Custom Build-Up, W/Toyota 22re mill, and a 2005 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax/Allison TOADS Will also pull a MacGregor 26X Powersailor 2001 Model, owned since new!

Retired SR Rocket Mechanic, FT Sales Associate @  FT of California, Escondido CA.!  and Retired USMC Gunnery Sergeant (Hence Retired Guns! ) Avionics Tech, on A6E Intruder & OV-10 Bronco Aircraft!  V/N Era Vet, and Desert Storm Participant.  Happily Retired now!

Reply #7
As I understand it, the ring is NOT a wax ring? It is a Sponge Rubber Gasket, which I am about ready to fab my own???  If that could be confirmed, I'll get right to it, though?

Here is a link to the 220 manual for you to confirm what you may need,
http://www.beamalarm.com/foretravel-links/PDF/microphor_LF-220_Manual.pdf

Mike
Pamela & Mike 97 U 320

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters."

Reply #8

The latest sewer rings out there now are the foam rubber ones and they seem to work fine.  I had all I wanted with our Microphor commode and removed it a few weeks ago and installed a new Dometic, which is ADA, porcelain and elongated.  Happy camper.
A FYI on smells in the coach;  sometimes it is the stud-a-vent valve that is not sealing properly.  The one on our coach is located in the door behind the commode.  It is an easy fix and found in most HD and Lowe's.  Don't spend extra dollars on the expensive ones, as the $10 one works fine and screws on to a 1/1/2 inch collar.
Joe & Dottie Allen
Sold!  December 2023.      2000 U320; build # 5645
Our coach " Maxine"
Motorcade #  15922;  Escapee 150950; FMCA F330833; Boondockers Welcome;  Harvest Hosts;  Thousand Trails
'98 U320 from 2000-'06
USAF '62-'66

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." ―Epicurus

Reply #9
The smell when going down the road is hideously smelly!  I won't have anyone other than us in the coach, while on the move! It's really that bad!

Make sure all the air admittance valves have been replaced. It is amazing how much smell they can let into the coach.
Sewer Odor, roof sewer vent, air admitance valves inside... 
Dan - Full timing since 2009
2003 U320 40' Tag 2 slide

Reply #10
Make sure all the air admittance valves have been replaced. It is amazing how much smell they can let into the coach.
Sewer Odor, roof sewer vent, air admitance valves inside... 

Guess I should have called it an air admittance instead of a studa-vent cap.  Most don't know it by that name!  Thanks for the reminder!  lol
Joe & Dottie Allen
Sold!  December 2023.      2000 U320; build # 5645
Our coach " Maxine"
Motorcade #  15922;  Escapee 150950; FMCA F330833; Boondockers Welcome;  Harvest Hosts;  Thousand Trails
'98 U320 from 2000-'06
USAF '62-'66

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." ―Epicurus

Reply #11
For Microphor parts try calling Steve Cackowski at Mullaney:  856-316-8600
Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
no longer 1999 36' U320 build #5522
2013 Rzr 570 & 2018 Ranger XP1000
2006 Lexus GX470
2011 Tahoe LT 4x4
Previous 1998 45' 2 slide Newell, 1993 39' Newell

Reply #12

We had problems with sewer smells.  I fought it for the first couple of years.  Replaced the three air  admittance valves. 

Turned out it was the wax ring.  Replaced it with a new wax ring and all smells gone.  Standard wax ring.

Last year when the cam in our microphor broke, I tossed the whole toilet in the dumpster in Harlingen.  Replaced with a Dometic.
1998 U320 40'
2005 GMC Yukon
MC# 17609

Reply #13
I am positive this will not apply to all coaches:

On our 2003 U320 40' there are four total Air Admitance Valves (AAV). 

The AAV in hamper behind the toilet is for the shower - verified.  Two AAvs behind washer - both for washer (verified).  One behind bath sink bowel, one behind kitchen drawers for kitchen sink.

The "turbo turd" toilet does not have a AAV. AAvs are 1.5 inch threaded. Unscrew old, teflon tape new and screw in. May need channel lock pliers to get old ones loose.

Further note - will not apply to all coaches, but does on our 2003 U320 40'.
 Our coach has only one roof vent, not 2.  The one roof vent vents both black tank and grey tank.  This means odors from AAVs when they go bad will (or at least can) vent odors from both tanks to the inside of the coach.
Dan - Full timing since 2009
2003 U320 40' Tag 2 slide

Reply #14
A bluebird guy made anodized aluminum cams up for the 220's
"Riding and rejoicing"
Bob & Susan
1997 U320 40' Mid entry, build 5132,  wtbi ce27, 4th owner
2007 Solara convertible
2 prodeco tech outlaw ss electric bikes

1095 watts solar
08 Ls 460 and a sc430
2000 Ford F-250 superduty 4x4

Reply #15
A bluebird guy made anodized aluminum cams up for the 220's

I bought one on Ebay, works great.
1995 U320C SE 40'
Jeep 4x4 Commander - Limited - Hemi
"The Pack"  Yogi and Diesel our Airedales -  Charlie our Boxer/Akita mix. Gone but NEVER forgotten Jake our yellow Lab.
NRA Law Enforcement Firearms instructor - Handgun/shotgun
Regional Firearms instructor for national Armored Transp. Co.