Skip to main content
Topic: Grand Villa Windscreens,  (Read 501 times) previous topic - next topic

Grand Villa Windscreens,

Hi all,
Im about to fit my new windscreens in my 89 Grand Villa,

Is there a video of this process some where so I know what I am doing before I start, On Here some where,  Youtube, Etc,

Last bloke that fitted my last windscreen cut a strip of the top so he could get it in,
But I know now that that was the wrong thing to do,
Im sure that the windscreen is a structural member and actually holds the front solid,
Cut down it allows the windscreen to float sideways in the frame,

Thanks, Brian,
Cheers, Brian,
1989 Foretravel Grand Villa, 36 foot ORED, 300 HP Catapillar and Four Speed Allison Auto,
Right Hand drive, two Mid doors, Makes a good flow thru ventilation in hot weather,
Located in Melbourne, Australia,  The Land Down Under,
Honda Blackbird, 1100XX.    2002 Gemini 105 MC Catamaran,

Re: Grand Villa Windscreens,

Reply #1
Is a "Bloke" some kind of mechanical expert that works on things??  That windscreen wouldn't happen to be a bug screen would it??  Have a great day from up above!!  ----  Fritz
Fritz & Kathy Johnson
1991 36'

Reply #2
Is a "Bloke" some kind of mechanical expert that works on things??  That windscreen wouldn't happen to be a bug screen would it??  Have a great day from up above!!  ----  Fritz
I believe he means windshield.
1999 40 ft. U-320 wtfe build 5563 Chuck & Lynda's "Rollin' Inn"  2030 watts solar
prev. mh's 71 GMC 5 yrs. 73 Pace Setter 1 yr. 78 Vogue 5 yrs 81 FTX 40ft all electric 18 yrs. 1996 Monaco Signature 3 yrs.
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland
Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today.  James Dean

Reply #3
MR B3
replace one side at a time. in other words don't have both sides without glass at the same time.

Reply #4
Also, check that the front of dash to from FG nose has not separated.  If it has, repair that BEFORE installing new windshields. Several discussion on this here in the Foreforum.
Brett Wolfe
EX: 1993 U240
Moderator, ForeForum 2001-
Moderator Diesel RV Club 2002-
Moderator, FMCA Forum 2009-2020
Chairman FMCA Technical Advisory Committee 2011-2020

Reply #5
Bloke is just another word for a person, usually male
JohnH
Coachless, now use aircraft.
1994 Ford E350 ClassC,total renovation inside and out. Now sold.
2000 U295  36' Cummins 350 c/w Banks Stinger, Resonator upgrade,Solar, LED lites.Residential fridge with slide out pantry. Build 5674. Sold
ex 92 GV 022C ored Cummins. Sold
ex 95 GV240 cat 3116. Sold
2017 Mini cooper s & 2016 land Rover LR2 HSE  LUX.
jhaygarth@aol.com    SKP #130098
treat everyone as you would like to be.

Reply #6

A Bloke is a man, Male,  Aussie Slang, Like you say Guy for man,  Male, , American Slang,

Windscreen, Windsheild, That big lump of glass that you look thru when driving, Has the wipers moving backwards and forwards on it when its raining,

Have a great day from down under,

Cheers, Brian,
Cheers, Brian,
1989 Foretravel Grand Villa, 36 foot ORED, 300 HP Catapillar and Four Speed Allison Auto,
Right Hand drive, two Mid doors, Makes a good flow thru ventilation in hot weather,

Reply #7
And you were the bloke that said he didn't need a translator .....huh ?
88 Grand Villa 36' ORED 3208 (throwaway)Cat.
 Build # 3150
Happiness is the maximum agreement of reality and desire.

Reply #8
And you were the bloke that said he didn't need a translator .....huh ?

I dont need a translator, But others do, Hahahahaha
Cheers, Brian,

Reply #9
replace one side at a time.

When Foretravel did mine (300) they removed both and drove it down to the fiberglass shop that way. Fixed sidewall delamination. I was told that the sidewall delam contributes to the windshield problem as well as the nose issue that Brett mentioned.

Brian, I've attached several photos I took a couple of weeks after Foretravel installed new windshields and gasket the first time. I'm thinkin' a guy with your skills can do a much better job. Good luck.
jor

Reply #10
That is why I re- sealed, glued  and rivited the caps back on.

Reply #11
I thought Foretravel would have done a better job with your windscreen, Jor,

This is the stiffener I welded in to stop the windscreen moving sideways in the frame,
Stiffening up the cap,
The dash is all solid still, No rot in it any where,
Cheers, Brian,

Reply #12
Last bloke that fitted my last windscreen cut a strip of the top so he could get it in,
But I know now that that was the wrong thing to do.
Maybe he was a randy bloke and in a hurry to finish.
Old Phart Phred, EIEIO
89 GV ored 36' #3405 300 hp cat 3208 ATAAC side radiator, mountain tamer exhaust brake